Evicting vulnerable tenant in hospital – Landlord Action response9:55 AM, 3rd July 2019
About 2 weeks ago 69
I received a phone call from the Council Disrepair Unit to say that one of my tenants had complained of receiving electric shocks.
When my maintenance manager attended, half an hour later, it turned out that the tenant was receiving static electricity shocks from the kitchen tap, but only when she touched it with her feet bare. The static was probably generated by the laminate flooring.
According to the council, I will now have to have a full electrical inspection to guarantee the safety of the property.
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.
Our mission is to facilitate the sharing of best practice amongst UK landlords, tenants and letting agentsLearn More