Mortgage Express – Should I take the call?

9:10 AM, 30th April 2021
About A week ago

Mortgage Express – Should I take the call?

Mortgage Express – Should I take the call?

I had a telephone call from Mortgage Express last night, but I was not able to take it as I was going out to an appointment.

They said they were calling back today around lunchtime. Have any other members had such a call out of the blue?

What information were they seeking from you? What should I watch out for? Should I take the call?

Thanks

Jack

Comments

NewYorkie

12:56 PM, 30th April 2021
About A week ago

Reply to the comment left by Harry Chunk at 30/04/2021 - 11:14
Does anyone know why Rosinca has different brands for the ME loans it bought e.g. Siberite?

NewYorkie

12:57 PM, 30th April 2021
About A week ago

I'm sure the call from ME will be to offer you an extension plus additional borrowing at a much lower interest rate.

Smartermind

14:39 PM, 30th April 2021
About A week ago

Reply to the comment left by David Price at 30/04/2021 - 11:28
Except you've divulged your name here, in a public forum. Unless David Price is a pseudonym? Smarts! 😎

Have to agree though it is very annoying when these financial businesses call and expect you to reveal all your personal details but they won't even say what the call is about due to "data protection" and passing security. And then it turns out to be a sales call or a survey.

Mike T

18:38 PM, 30th April 2021
About A week ago

Reply to the comment left by Chris Novice Shark Bait at 30/04/2021 - 12:35
I had a call today from +44 7886 983184
I heard a very noisy background - (boiler room ?), then someone speaking very fast. After just a few seconds I hung up. On checking the number it was not flagged up as good or bad but call to it would cost 36p per minute.
Anybody got any ideas who it could be ?

Old Mrs Landlord

19:14 PM, 30th April 2021
About A week ago

I always say in response to calls from banks, mortgage companies etc. that I never discuss financial matters over the phone and request that they write to me.

Windsor Woman

21:50 PM, 30th April 2021
About A week ago

Reply to the comment left by Chris Novice Shark Bait at 30/04/2021 - 12:35
@Chris Novice Shark Bait: I have a similar situation with Mortgage Express: FOS complaint, rejection of first investigator’s report too. I think we should compare notes, as it seems too coincidental - would love to have a chat. I am happy for you to be provided with my details to get in touch if that’s ok with Property118?

Chris Novice Shark Bait

9:42 AM, 1st May 2021
About A week ago

Reply to the comment left by Mike T at 30/04/2021 - 18:38
Hi Mike the number that called me was 0165299431, the company name given was as quoted in my 1st post, but the circumstances match and so whoever is canvassing information for what purpose is operating from multiple points and or using both landlines and mobiles.

Chris Novice Shark Bait

10:03 AM, 1st May 2021
About A week ago

Reply to the comment left by Windsor Woman at 30/04/2021 - 21:50
If property 118 could supply me with your e-mail address to which you appear to be consenting, I would also like to compare notes off forum. I have to admit that I do not know how to achieve this on a private basis. Can anyone advise?
Many thanks.

Jack Stiff

19:36 PM, 3rd May 2021
About 6 days ago

Reply to the comment left by Chris Novice Shark Bait at 01/05/2021 - 10:03
Hi Guy's,
I did not receive the call back the next day, and it was a Manchester number 0161 529 9431. And as mentioned there was a lot of background noise.

Thank you for all the replies I received.

Windsor Woman

16:46 PM, 4th May 2021
About 5 days ago

@Neil Patterson: Hi Neil, please see posts above between Chris Novice Shark Bait and me.

Is there any way 118 can put us in touch with one another to discuss our common issues? Thanks

Potential fraud - Land Registry Alert? Help please