11:42 AM, 16th July 2013, About 11 years ago 6
Having been letting flats above shops I have now for the first time been asked to let the shop underneath one!
I have gleaned from the web that shops are generally let on 15 year self repairing leases and that normally a solicitor draws that side of the business up, but from a letting point of view does it follow the same process, i.e
1. Advertise ( Obviously or you would not have a tenant – but what do you charge for the let, price per square foot for the annual rent etc etc)
2. Referencing – Individuals or companies or both?
3. Lease – At what point do you pass it all over to the solicitor? When does my job finish and his starts?
4. Inventories- Do you have to do one and in what detail?
5. Rent Insurance Guarantee – is there such a thing for commercial / retail properties?
6. Does each party pay for their own legals or does the lessee pay for the Landlords?
All and any advice gratefully received.
Next ArticleNAEA report 14 percent rise in house hunters