9:55 AM, 7th February 2023, About A year ago 22
Hi everyone, I am a 1.5-year property owner who let the property out and ended in this sad situation. I wonder if any of you had experience with the CCJ or MCOL?
I let out my property on June 2021 for 1 year with a guarantor, then renewed it for a new one for a break clause of 6 months with 2 months’ notice because it was on the market for sale. Tenants understood and agreed to that.
Luckily a buyer agreed with the purchase of the property with the tenant vacant in Aug 2022, notice was given to the tenants to move out by mid Oct 2022 and it was in the process of the sale.
By October 2022, tenants did not leave and a 2 months notice of S21 was given (the last day of that was in December 2022 ).
They decided to stay after the end of the S21 date and to stop paying the rent in Jan 2023, and the buyer has pulled out of the deal, so all the time and money were wasted, but I don’t blame the buyer, I would do the same if I was them.
So, an S8 letter was sent from my eviction company, and the last day of payment was on the 3rd of Feb. Now I am instructing my solicitors/eviction company regarding the process.
Therefore, assuming I will win both cases, after the court hearing for both of my procession and arrears, and the possibility of County Court bailiffs issuing a warrant for possession for eviction. I will need the CCJ / MCOL.
1) Should the guarantor on the 1st year TC be liable for the second AST? I don’t see his name on the second one. I guess not right?
2)What’s the difference between CCJ & MCOL?
3) What kind of money am I entitled to claim from the tenants? I guess the deposit would not be enough since he owes me at least 2 months’ rent already.
4) Besides the rent arrears, am I entitled to claim the S21 and S8 solicitors’ fees?
5) How about the money I lose from the sale and the property sale solicitor’s fees?
6) How to check if he has any money or assets for me to make a claim?
Thank you so much!
Can tell me something about this, please? My solicitor is so busy that it’s hard to ask them anything, and I would like the hear your thoughts on this matter so I can compare things later on.
I wish there is a bad tenant list for the LL, so everyone can watch out.