Buy to Let Mortgage products and market update – essential readingMake Text Bigger
Having just updated the Buy to Let mortgage products on our own in house Buy to Let Mortgage sourcing system and calculator I thought I would give you a summary of what’s Hot or Not in the current market.
Virgin Money have been added to the system because of their helpful attitude and criteria which includes:
- Day one remortgages – So no need to wait 6 months to remortgage for cash purchases, refurbs, Auction purchases etc
- First Time Buyers
- Regulated Buy to Let
However Maximum LTV is 70%. Stand out different product is a 5 year fixed at 4.09% with £750 Cash Back and 2.5% product fee (better for smaller loan sizes where looking to fix costs long term is important.
The Mortgage Works (TMW) always been and old favorite of mine going back to 2003 have a selection of 80% LTV products and no income requirement for existing landlords.
Interestingly they have no longer term products currently above an initial 2 year deal. This will either be because they have purchased no long term funds or are uncertain of market direction at the moment. Example products range from:
- 2.49% two year fixed with 2.5% arrangement fee at 60% LTV (really only a headline grabber) to
- 4.14% 2 year fixed 2.5% fee at 80% LTV (one of the lower interest rate high LTV products)
BM Solutions were the old industry go to lender until introducing a maximum exposure of 3 mortgages, but still have one of the most comprehensive range of products up to 75% LTV. They are also often helpful for flats above or adjacent to commercial premises.
- 3.19% 2 year tracker £1295 fee 60% LTV
- 3.89% 2 year tracker 0.5% fee 75% LTV
- 4.34% 3 year fixed 1% fee 75% LTV
- 4.99% 5 year fixed 1.25% fee 75% LTV
BM Solutions have NO customer service staff so any mortgages or further advances even must be done by a broker.
Kent Reliance are really mostly famous for being THE 85% LTV lender.
However minimum property value £75,000, proof of £25,000 income required stress tested at 192 times monthly rental income.
- 4.99% 2 year fixed 2.5% fee 85% LTV reversion rate 6.58%
- 4.89% 2 year discount 2.5% fee 85% LTV reversion rate 6.58%
Aldermore have a good range of 80% LTV products at 4.98% including 2, 3 and 5 year fixed and a varibale rate for the term. They will do day 1 remortgages for properties bought with a bridging loan on a like for like basis and inherited properties.
They will also consider customer with light adverse credit which very few lenders will allow including:
- 1 or 2 missed mortgage payments over 12 months
- CCJs and Defaults registered over 3 years ago
- Missed unsecured credit payments such as credit cards, mobile phone, loans et
Principality have a penalty free no tie in 2 year discount product at 3.39% with only a 1% + £99 fee at 60% LTV.
Also interestingly they will consider Holiday Homes on their BTL range!
Godiva owned by the Coventry building society are the “Does what it says on the tin lender” I liken them to the Yorkshire tea, or a sliced white loaf of a the buy to let product market. Nothing spectacular just a good solid no frills value for money products.
- 3.49% variable penalty free for the term of the loan, £999 fee max 65% LTV (very good value with flexibility)
- 3.79% 2 year fixed, £500 fee max 65% LTV
- 4.74% Standard variable penalty free no fee max 65% LTV
Cost and product wise the market has been reasonably stable with small improvements adding up each month giving a healthier range of options available especially in niche areas such as:
Terms beyond retirement age, Bridge to Let, Remortgages inside 6 months, Ltd company applications, Higher LTV, Lower fees, Light adverse, Holiday let and more.
All of the above products, lenders and many more can be found by using our Buy to Let calculator and quote engine Please Click Here
If you need any assistance with a Buy to Let mortgage you can also:
Email: email@example.com or
Telephone: 01603 489 118
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.