Kent Reliance Buy to Let have withdrawn their minimum income criteria of £25,000 even for 85% Loan to Value.
However this does not mean there is no criteria as a borrower would have to demonstrate a “reasonable” income and be able to prove it with payslips or 3 years accounts if self employed ie this is not non status.
It does mean that if an application stacks up on rental income and the borrower looks like they will be able to afford their ongoing commitments then Kent Reliance will consider the mortgage rather than just declining straight away as before if income was even £1 below 25,000.
To get figures and check how much you can borrow on Kent Reliance Buy to Let 85% LTV products you can use our Mortgage Calculator and quote engine.
Andrew Ferguson who is Head of Sales and Distribution for Kent Reliance, said “we have become increasingly confident in the BTL sector and having examined the way in which our book has performed, allied to the growing evidence of the strength of the rental market, we felt that insistence on a minimum income requirement was becoming less and less relevant as a measure of affordability. We shall however keep it under review.”
85% LTV Products:
- 4.89% 2 year discounted variable rate, 2.5% Product fee and No Early Repayment Charges. Reverts to SVR currently 6.58% (ouch!)
- 4.99% 2 year fixed, 2.5% Product fee and 4% year 1 and 3% year 2 Early repayment penalty. Reverts to SVR currently 6.58%.
The amount you can borrow on both of the above products is Stress Tested at 125% interest cover on a Notional rate of 5%. In short that means you can borrow 192 times the monthly rental income.
- Minimum Property value £75,000 or £250,00 for HMOs
- No more than 20% exposure in any one block or development
- Maximum of four properties on one Freehold
- Studio Flats minimum of 30 square metres
- HMOs maximum of 8 beds
- Student properties maximum of 6 beds
- Limited company applications accepted, but must be a Single Purpose Vehicle.
- Flats above commercial will be considered except where above noisy, smelly or out of hours businesses.
If you require any assistance with a Buy to Let mortgage or any type of property finance just give us a call on 01603 489118 or email: email@example.com if we can’t get to the phone straight away and we are always happy to help or know someone who can 🙂