Sellers Property Information Form

by Readers Question

18:27 PM, 15th February 2015
About 6 years ago

Sellers Property Information Form

Make Text Bigger
Sellers Property Information Form

I bought a new house but the the builder did not declare that there was an outstanding/incomplete planning issue that was not signed off the by the local planning authority. Solicitor who carried out conveyancing does not appear interested in pursuing the matter on my behalf as I hold her responsible for not asking the appropriate questions of the builder.

How do I go about seeking compensation from the builder/solicitor for my costs to rectify, the now, breach of planning control? Sellers Property Information Form



Share this article

Twitter Facebook LinkedIn


Mark Alexander

18:29 PM, 15th February 2015
About 6 years ago

Hi Lehcar

We had a very similar discussion thread running not so long back, the responses to which I think you will find very useful.

Please see >>>

Samir Jones

9:55 AM, 16th February 2015
About 6 years ago

Out of interest, who is the builder Lehcar?

It was myself who raised the query referenced by Mark in his comment, so would be interesting to know whether it's the same developer / solicitor.

David Mensah

14:23 PM, 16th February 2015
About 6 years ago

just re-read the thread from Samir -- what a story. It does show just how much one needs to double check the solicitors, surveyors, mortgage advisers, accountants and agents. I am amazed at how many simple errors they make; have never bought a house without catching at least one serious one.

David Mensah

14:25 PM, 16th February 2015
About 6 years ago

Reply to the comment left by "David Mensah" at "16/02/2015 - 14:23":

I forgot to add architects, local councilors and planning officers. I am astounded by the shoddy work of our local planning office & a local councilor, none of whom seem to bother to properly read an application.

Lehcar Bennett

18:40 PM, 16th February 2015
About 6 years ago

I would be very surprised if you knew the builder/vendor. He is an agent who acted for Royal Park Homes, who are based in Slough, Berkshire. The property in question is located in Burghfield Common, Berkshire. The law firm that who acted for us was Lambertpugh Solicitors.

Mark Alexander

20:37 PM, 16th February 2015
About 6 years ago

Did the name of the developer happen to sound a bit like Hovis?

Samir Jones

20:47 PM, 16th February 2015
About 6 years ago

Reply to the comment left by "Lehcar Bennett" at "16/02/2015 - 18:40":

Ah right, not the same builder then (as Mark is well aware!).

Unfortunately i'm not surprised to hear you're having problems with LP solicitors - we used them for our Feb - Nov sale/purchase and were far from impressed with their performance.

I wish you the best of luck in seeking resolution - i know first hand how frustrating this can be.

Leave Comments

Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.

Forgotten your password?



Could your buy-to-let company share structure be better?

The Landlords Union

Become a Member, it's FREE

Our mission is to facilitate the sharing of best practice amongst UK landlords, tenants and letting agents

Learn More