Samir Jones

Registered with Property118.com
Saturday 25th October 2014


Latest Comments

Total Number of Property118 Comments: 9

Samir Jones

17:25 PM, 28th April 2015
About 6 years ago

Swapping to BTL after relationship break-up?

Hi Mark

Hand on heart, I don't think I would be able to evict her - this is just one of the many reasons I've now decided that changing to a BTL isn't the right option. As it seems that my ex wouldn't be eligible for HB to live here it's just a no-go.

Jay

Thanks again, I'll give them a ring and arrange an appointment. Need to know exactly what her situation is.

What a mess - just hopeful my Euromillions ticket comes in tonight :-)... Read More

Samir Jones

16:05 PM, 28th April 2015
About 6 years ago

Swapping to BTL after relationship break-up?

Hi all

Thanks so much for your comments, they really are appreciated (this website really is brilliant). In response to some of your comments:

Luke P
This would be ideal but I work full time and really don't want my boy spending all day with childminders etc. My ex currently works 2 evenings and alternate weekends so (finances through HB allowing) it would be better for him to stay with her during the days and then with me at when she's working and at other agreed times. This is obviously subject to her being able to get the necessary financial support.

Steve
Just to clarify that my ex and I aren't married, though you're right in saying that the potential future conflict could get very messy and undo any amicability we're currently experiencing.

Jay James
You're absolutely right that this would be my first experience of becoming a landlord, and while its something I hope to do in the future, it's not something I would ideally want to pursue at this stage of my life. My job / life is stressful enough as it is!

Mark A
Selling the house at this stage isn't really an option - as we only completed 6 months ago,the early repayment charge would wipe out any potential profits we could hope to obtain. I also don't imagine the value has raised very much in the time since we purchased.

Having spoken to my mortgage advisor this afternoon, the most viable solution I can think of is to pay to change the deeds into my name alone (approx £500) and remain in the house for at least the next 18 months. There shouldn't be any issue with my ability to manage the payments as it was all originally approved based on my earnings alone anyway. I would then look to either sell or port the mortgage to another smaller property and then divide any profits between us equally.

I think our next port of call is a meeting with the DSS to explain our situation and determine what she's eligible to financially. That should give us a clearer idea of how we proceed.... Read More

Samir Jones

20:47 PM, 16th February 2015
About 6 years ago

Sellers Property Information Form

Reply to the comment left by "Lehcar Bennett" at "16/02/2015 - 18:40":

Ah right, not the same builder then (as Mark is well aware!).

Unfortunately i'm not surprised to hear you're having problems with LP solicitors - we used them for our Feb - Nov sale/purchase and were far from impressed with their performance.

I wish you the best of luck in seeking resolution - i know first hand how frustrating this can be.... Read More

Samir Jones

9:55 AM, 16th February 2015
About 6 years ago

Sellers Property Information Form

Out of interest, who is the builder Lehcar?

It was myself who raised the query referenced by Mark in his comment, so would be interesting to know whether it's the same developer / solicitor.... Read More

Samir Jones

9:22 AM, 17th November 2014
About 7 years ago

Negligence Stops House Sale - Need advice!!

Reply to the comment left by "Mark Alexander" at "17/11/2014 - 09:12":

Very lucky escape indeed, we could very well have been left with a house only realistically sell-able to cash buyers.

The council provided written confirmation that they wouldn't take any action due to the length of time that has passed since construction. This was enough to satisfy our buyer's solicitors and lender and so were able to proceed with sale and purchase.

We then had a slight issue with our mortgage lender who thought we wanted to borrow more than we actually did (they inputted some data incorrectly) which led to another mini-panic but this was fortunately resolved the following day thanks to input from our mortgage broker.

In all, after starting the buying / selling process in February we've finally got it all sorted....I'm never moving again!!... Read More