Is section 21 valid?Make Text Bigger
Please advise since all legal bods are closed over weekend!
I have had a lovely tenant for 4 years, she’s a single mum, 3 kids and all housing benefit has been paid to me, no problems. Unfortunately her boyfriend has moved in without my permission. The housing benefit has halved and a top up needs to be paid to me on 19th month.
I sent a letter describing all payments and the boyfriend did pay the £370 top up last month (Nov).
December top up was due yesterday and no monies arrived. I tried to contact tenant and boyfriend via mobile but both are disconnected!
I sent a nice message via Facebook to get in touch regarding rent owed but then got a reply via Facebook from boyfriend saying:
- I’m not allowed to make contact via social media …. is this true?
- I have entered the back of the property…… I’m 5 months pregnant and would have to climb a 6 foot wall to get over!!
- I have harassed for rent before its due……. I asked them once on 19th, the due date!
- Injury has occurred to the children due to improper maintenance… I’ve never had been asked to fix anything! I’m a diligent landlord and fix issues instantly.
- They are contacting a solicitor reference the above.
I’m planning to instruct Landlord Action to serve a Section 21 on Monday, but my question in the meantime is; can they use any of the untrue above statements against me and will my section 21 be valid, can I get them out regardless??
Would appreciate your views since I can’t speak to the professionals till monday
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.