Property118 Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.property118.com
(“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;
||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 13, below;
||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;
||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and
||Means Property118 Ltd , a limited company registered in England under company number 10295964, whose registered address is 1st Floor, Woburn House, 84 St Benedicts Street, Norwich, NR2 4AB.
- Information About Us
- Our Site is owned and operated by Property118 Ltd, a limited company registered in England under company number 10295964, whose registered address is 1st Floor, Woburn House, 84 St Benedicts Street, Norwich, NR2 4AB.
- Our VAT number is 990 0332 34.
- Our Data Protection Officer is Neil Patterson, and can be contacted by email at email@example.com, by telephone on 01603 489118, or by post at 1st Floor, Woburn House, 84 St Benedicts Street, Norwich, NR2 4AB.
- What Does This Policy Cover?
- Your Rights
- As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 12);
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 14);
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us using the details in section 14);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 14 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
- What Data Do We Collect?
- Date of birth;
- Address and post code;
- Business/company name and trading status;
- Number of properties owned;
- Accountants details;
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Proof of residence and ID;
- Financial information such as income and tax status;
- Landlords insurance renewal dates;
- Property Portfolio details such as value and mortgage outstanding;
- How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.
- Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- Supplying our products and or services to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- Personalising and tailoring our products and or services for you;
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all emails;
- Analysing your use of our site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our site and your user experience;
- Provide information to our partner service and product suppliers at your request.
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email and or telephone with information, news and offers on our products and or We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
- We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
- Member profile information is collected with your consent and can be amended or deleted at any time by you;
- Anti-Money Laundering information and tax consultancy records are to be kept as required by law for up to seven years.
- How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- Some or all of your data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using our site and submitting information to Us. If we do store data outside the EEA, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR
- Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
- Do We Share Your Data?
- We may share your data with other partner companies in for the purpose of supplying products or services you have requested.
- We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
- What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- How Can You Control Your Data?
- In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in section 4, we aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails.
- Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org, or using the contact details below in section 14.
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
- Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a cookie prompt requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended. You will be given the opportunity to allow only first party Cookies and block third party Cookies.
- Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown below in section 13.5. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies, but it is still important that you are aware of them. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below in section 13.9, but please be aware that Our Site may not work properly if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
- The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie
||Used only to collect performance data, with any identifiable data obfuscated
||This cookie is strictly necessary for Cloudflare's security features and cannot be turned off.
- Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics and Facebook. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling Us to better understand how Our Site is used. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the products AND/OR services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) Cookies to gather the required information.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) the following Cookies:
|Name of Cookie
||First / Third Party
|__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmt, __utmz
||Helps to understand how their visitors engage with our website
||Helps to understand how their visitors engage with our website
- In addition to the controls that We provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Contacting Us
9:29 AM, 8th July 2011, About 12 years ago
Who ever has made up this figure must live in a dream world. as trading standards will find out in our meeting next week there is only a few thousand pounds owing to clients which we are trying to sort out. if everyone would stop making stupid assumptions and let us try to complete our admin task all will be resolved. There is alot of rumours going around but the truth is if i made that sort of money in the first year i would NOT have to close.
9:52 AM, 8th July 2011, About 12 years ago
If Toni (or Tony) Burridge only owes a "few thousand pounds", that must be just what he owes me. That comes to £4,360 plus! If he owes everyone else the same, I think it's a lot more than "A FEW THOUSAND" - and why hasn't he submitted accounts and tax returns for this company or the other three THAT WE KNOW ABOUT!
By the way, that's a really nice BMW you've got parked outside your rather sumptuous house, Toni Burridge. I wonder how you could afford that?
Oh, one last thing, I understand your accountant walked out as he was so disgusted with your business dealings - or is that another silly rumour???
10:12 AM, 8th July 2011, About 12 years ago
What about all the other "Phoenix companies" you've previously operated, lets not forget about those.
You are either a terrible business man or something else much worse.
We'll let the law decide that.
On another note, why do you keep spelling your name differently Tony?
10:56 AM, 8th July 2011, About 12 years ago
If you are telling the truth, Toni, or Tony, why don't you reply to letters? Why don't you reply to phone calls made? Text messages sent?
I'll tell you why......you've ripped people off for thousands. Your posting above is simply a delaying tactic. Well, sorry, matey, we don't believe you. Grow a pair, and deal with the problem, rather than hiding behind your daughters.
Mark Alexander - Founder of Property118
16:26 PM, 8th July 2011, About 12 years ago
Unfortunately our system automatically hides any comments that get three thumbs down. I wasn't previously aware of that so I've given it a thumbs up in the hope that Toni's comments will re-appear. Hopefully Toni will respond to the points made and others can be encouraged to use this thread to air their own concerns but we need to be concious that thumbs down end up hiding posts. We are happy to act as the champion for good trading standards and would like to encourage as many people as possible to comment as this will add to good reading for our Newletter readers when this article is distributed to our entire database next week which comprises over 100,000 landlords and over 300,000 related trade and professional contacts.
17:47 PM, 8th July 2011, About 12 years ago
But it's not your first year of profiting is it Tony/Toni? And we are not making "stupid" assumptions but facts, which you will be faced with in your meeting next week. That is, if you actually decide to go. We are not "stupid" people and merely want what is rightfully ours. I also note you used the words Rumours and Truth in the same sentence. Here's my sentence with those two words .... There aren't any RUMOURS about Hothomes, or, your other trading companies, dissolved or still active, but only the TRUTH about how you have abandoned your fiduciary duty to act in the best interests of your tenants and landlords with Hothomes at all times.
I would have thought your first duty in trying to complete your "Admin Task" would be to reassure all your creditors in writing or by telephone as to what your intentions are TO, "resolve" this situation.
Not once have you returned our calls. Your daughter assures us all that she will get you to ring us, but you never do. Hiding behind your 18 year old daughter is not a very professional attitude to take.
Instead, victims have had to find out through each other and do their own research into your non business like background. You should be very ashamed of yourself, as a representative to the service industry, and as a Father.
19:42 PM, 8th July 2011, About 12 years ago
I am also owed £1684 in unpaid rent from this so called letting agency. My tenant moved in to the property in October 2010 and I didn't see a penny until December and then only after I queried it. Then I received a cheque with the explanation that their BACS system had crashed. I had nothing further until March, despite phone calls that were never returned; by this time I was owed for the two weeks of October, December, January, February and March - I finally got the equivelent of two months. Then nothing until April when I got half a month's rent (I assumed for October) and a further month's rent a couple of day later - since then nothing, which by my calculation means I've been paid four months and am owed four months.
I was told the tenant was late paying and was himself in arrears. I have now contacted the tenant myself and he states that he is up to date and has receipts to prove it; he also says that he thought it was a bit odd that they wouldn't let him pay by standing order or direct debit but insisted on cash! He's lost his £700 deposit, which also leaves me vulnarable. Fortunately, he wants to stay and will sign a new six month tenancy agreement and set up a standing order, so at least he still as a home and I should now get my rent! Not sure what to do about the deposit though.
Oh, and my husband and I went to the family home on Wednesday evening and not only is Tony (Toni) Burridge hiding behind his daughter, he sends her out to deny the Burridge family lives there and that she had anything to do with Hot Homes, despite the fact my husband recognised her and the neighbour confirmed it was them!!
6:55 AM, 9th July 2011, About 12 years ago
To landlords and tenants.
Yesterday I made a statement to the police about this family. They have committed the CRIMINAL ACT OF EMBEZZLEMENT (taking money from a third party to hand on to a third party, namely taking money from tenant to pay on to landlord). THIS MEANS THE LANDLORD HAS BEEN EMBEZZLED, AND THE TENANT HAS BEEN FRAUDULENTLY DECEIVED. With the criminal act of EMBEZZLEMENT, the police MUST take action. Don't let them fob you off and tell you to contact Trading Standards.
BUT CONTACT TRADING STANDARDS AS WELL. They have already begun building a huge case against this family.
IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO, take out a small claims application through the County Courts - there is alos a Government website where you can make a claim on line. If it's under £5,000, it costs £100 to make a claim and that is REIMBURSED to you with any COSTS you may incur if the Claim is successful.
This family is total scum - they are either incredibly stupid or incredibly nasty - and I suspect the latter. As another comments put is, this isn't the only company this family has set up. Strange that they've never made tax returns or put in accounts on ANY of the four companies I've been able to link them to.
KEEP UP THE GOOD FIGHT, FOLK. LET'S STAND UP AND BE COUNTED.
BLESS YOU ALL
15:09 PM, 10th July 2011, About 12 years ago
VERY IMPORTANT FOR ALL WHO HAVE LOST MONEY.
The actions of HOT HOMES UK PLYMOUTH can now be reported to the police as EMBEZZLEMENT, which is a CRIMINAL OFFENCE, if:
1. You paid HOT HOMES UK PLYMOUTH rent to be passed to a landlord.
2. You are a landlord who HOT HOMES UK PLYMOUTH have not paid after receiving rent.
Contact the Devon and Cornwall police or go to your nearest police station.
State you wish to make a report of the Criminal Offence of EMBEZZLEMENT.
The police HAVE to act on EMBEZZLEMENT. It is difficult to get them to pursue a case if you claim it is "Fraud" or "A con".
Also inform MR. RICHARD GREEN at
the PLYMOUTH TRADING STANDARDS OFFICE ON 01752 304141
16:01 PM, 15th July 2011, About 12 years ago
i used to work for this so called company and can tell you that he will be hiding at him home address of 3 collingwood Villas, Stoke, he may not tallk to any of you but its a start, this family have been conning people for years with their previous companies such as EPC Worx, Fast Hips and Metro EPC.