Who is responsible for the Council tax and what dates?Make Text Bigger
I would really appreciate some advice please for the following situation:
- Tenant paid rent up to 23/04/2013. Property inspected & everything ok deposit refunded via DPS.
- Informed council in writing on 24/04/2013 that property was unoccupied/unfurnished &would let them know when it was tenanted again.
- I did a refurb and got tenants who had to give months notice so they moved in on 21/06/2013. The Council were given the details etc.
- I received a statement in Aug 2013 requesting full council tax from 08/04/2013 and queried both amount and dates stated.
- Received amended statement and I was informed that the previous occupants had told the council they where leaving on 08/04/2013.
Question 1 — who is responsible for the time between 08/04 & 23/04? any case law to assist landlord.
Question 2— what can the landlord do if the tenant tells the council 2/3 months before the actually do leave that the property has been vacated. Its in the agreement that the tenant is responsible etc
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.