Advice on selling a tenanted property?

11:17 AM, 11th March 2015

Advice on selling a tenanted property?

Advice on selling a tenanted property?

I am looking to put my property on the sales market and wish to give written notice to my tenant that:-Notice to tenant of Estate Agent visiting to take photos

1) I wish to have an Estate Agent attend and take photos of the inside of the property.

2) Give notice that once the property has been sold they would be required to vacate the premises.

Is there any advice as to which Acts I have to insert into any legal paperwork.

Thanks

Simon

Comments

Mark Alexander

7:44 AM, 12th March 2015

Reply to the comment left by "Caroline Read" at "11/03/2015 - 19:56":

We will commence initial testing of the new platform next Tuesday and hope to move to Beta testing the following week for a launch late this or early next month before the new tax year.

Anthony Endsor

8:40 AM, 12th March 2015

I get the feeling this portal may be popular 🙂

I have a 2 bed terrace in Manchester to sell, and possibly may look to sell a 3 bed semi in Manchester, both tenanted.
Interested parties, watch this space it seems. 🙂

Kelly C

10:19 AM, 12th March 2015

Hello
I am considering getting into buy-to-let and have seen some properties advertised with a tenant in situ. Maybe this should be a different thread but I am wondering what are the pitfalls?
Do mortgage companies object? Is it possible to get in and see what you are buying? I for one would not buy blind.

andy peers

10:56 AM, 12th March 2015

Hi All - my first post having just joined - I have both bought and sold tenanted property before. It's nice to have rent coming in from day one especially if you are inheriting good rent paying tenants that want to stay a while. Its hard to get a premium selling tenanted property unless its either commercial or the rent is being maximised by room letting or you've negoitated a high rental (and the tenants have kept and continue to keep the property in good appearance for viewings - often the hardest part). In order for tenants to do this its often an idea to offer an incentive for them to do so - bonus if it sells etc, even a token gesture per viewing (if agent says thats its in good viewing order).

Anyway - good luck in your endevours.

regards Andrew

Caroline Read

11:35 AM, 12th March 2015

Reply to the comment left by "Anthony Endsor" at "12/03/2015 - 08:40":

Wow Anthony...I am very interested in these too..:)
Thanks again Mark for putting us all together, cant wait to use to use the new platform and grow my portfolio.

Mark Alexander

11:38 AM, 12th March 2015

Reply to the comment left by "Kelly C" at "12/03/2015 - 10:19":

Hi Kelly

There are potential pitfalls such as deposit protection, serving the correct notices, checking tenancy agreements etc. which is why you need a specialist conveyancing company to assist. Fear not though, we have already lined that up - see >>> http://buytoletconveyancing.co.uk/

Mark Alexander

11:39 AM, 12th March 2015

Reply to the comment left by "andy peers" at "12/03/2015 - 10:56":

Hi Andrew

Welcome to Property118 🙂

Carol Thomas

12:10 PM, 12th March 2015

Hi Mark. Somehow I think perhaps you should have got this set up before telling us about it! Like everything you do, it's something that we all need and want and when we want it ,we want it now!! Lovely to see so much enthusiasm for this portal, I can't wait.....

Mark Alexander

12:38 PM, 12th March 2015

Reply to the comment left by "CaZ " at "12/03/2015 - 12:10":

LOL - I wasn't going to say anything. We have been working towards this ever since we launched this website and I have managed to keep it a secret all that time. However, now that we are so close I could barely contain my enthusiasm as the balloon inside me was so close to bursting. The questions that Simon posed popped that balloon!

Carol Thomas

13:47 PM, 12th March 2015

Haha, gotcha!!!

1 2 3 5

Latest tier restrictions are a pretty blatant attack on less wealthy areas of the country