Advice on selling a tenanted property?

11:17 AM, 11th March 2015

Advice on selling a tenanted property?

Advice on selling a tenanted property?

I am looking to put my property on the sales market and wish to give written notice to my tenant that:-Notice to tenant of Estate Agent visiting to take photos

1) I wish to have an Estate Agent attend and take photos of the inside of the property.

2) Give notice that once the property has been sold they would be required to vacate the premises.

Is there any advice as to which Acts I have to insert into any legal paperwork.

Thanks

Simon

Comments

Mark Alexander

18:48 PM, 16th April 2015

New portal now launched 😀

Buy Sell Tenanted Buy-to-Let Property

Graham Bowcock

21:57 PM, 16th April 2015

Sorry for late reply CaZ, I have only just reviewed these posts.

I see no reason to update the EPC as long as the one you have is valid.

As for new tenants the key thing is to consider what they were told when they moved in. Whilst I never give any guarantees to my tenants beyond the AST term we do discuss the fact that my houses are there to be let and I don't intend moving in or selling them. My longest tenant has now done 16 years and still going strong! If the tenants are expecting to stay then the sensible thing is to discuss the sale with them and go along the lines I initially suggested. If the tenants are not expecting to stay indefinitely then use the s21 (perhaps allied to a polite discussion with the tenants).

Sagar Patel

19:08 PM, 4th March 2016

Wondering if anyone has had the pleasure of dealing with Paul Sheerin over @ hawkinsryan?

Original contact made on 21/03/15... soon to be 12 month since initial contact but still no simple declaration of trust completed!!

Started with a few emails back and forth but suddenly communication went dead!

11 reminder emails of work pending but nothing?!
A number of calls made to reception for Paul but no call back!

Does not seem right at all, if Property 118 can recommend the company there must be something not right about my ongoing experience?!!!

Mark Alexander

9:14 AM, 5th March 2016

Reply to the comment left by "Sagar Patel" at "04/03/2016 - 19:08":

Hi Sagar

That is very strange, I have known Paul Sheerin for several years and have referred dozens of people to him. Feedback has always been very complimentary.

I have sent an email marked URGENT to Paul Sheerin (who is the Senior Partner of the practice) and also to his PA Jill Wright drawing their attention to your comment here.

Sagar Patel

11:40 AM, 5th March 2016

Thank you for your support Mark, hopefully the matters gets resolved now,

Kind Regards

Sagar

Latest tier restrictions are a pretty blatant attack on less wealthy areas of the country