My own landlord’s GDPR policy

9:34 AM, 4th May 2018
About A year ago

My own landlord’s GDPR policy

My own landlord’s GDPR policy

GDPR is something that WILL affect almost every landlord in the UK. The new legislation comes into effect on 25th May 2018, by which time all landlords (and other businesses) will have to have registered with the ICO and have a GDPR Data Protection Policy.

We have spent the past couple of months preparing for the implementation of GDPR, and have now finalised our GDPR Data Protection Policy, (which is worded specifically for a residential landlord business).

If any Property118 readers would like a copy of our GDPR Data Protection Policy, to perhaps adapt and adopt for their own landlording business, we are willing to email this to them FREE of charge.

If you would like to receive a copy of the ready made GDPR Data Protection Policy, and information about other GDPR documents, please email: robert.mellors@hotmail.co.uk

Robert

Comments

Debora Cangiano

8:09 AM, 6th May 2018
About A year ago

Hello Robert,
Would be most grateful if you could email me a copy to vesta.rp@zoho.com
Many thanks
Debora

Robert Mellors

8:40 AM, 6th May 2018
About A year ago

Reply to the comment left by Ridvan xhakaj at 06/05/2018 - 07:46
Could everyone that wants a copy of my GDPR Data Protection Policy please e-mail me directly: robert.mellors@hotmail.co.uk
rather than putting their email on this thread.

Craggy

9:04 AM, 6th May 2018
About A year ago

I would be extremely grateful if you would send me a copy.
I am in the process of getting one together and viewing yours would be very helpful
Many thanks
Steve

Cragglettingsuk@gmail.com

Marie Macfarlane

9:42 AM, 6th May 2018
About A year ago

Good morning Robert. I would like a copy if it’s not too much trouble. mariemacfarlane74@gmail.com.

Many thanks.

Mark W

18:57 PM, 6th May 2018
About A year ago

Could landlords (with 5 or less tenants) justify holding ID data for the 'right to rent' check under Article 6(1)(e) "public interest". The check is a Home Office requirement for small landlords.

Robert Mellors

21:46 PM, 7th May 2018
About A year ago

Reply to the comment left by Mark W at 06/05/2018 - 18:57Hi Mark W
I'm not sure what you are asking, because you may have to hold data for a whole host of legitimate reasons, of which the "Right to Rent" checks are just one reason, but this does not alter the fact that you also have to comply with GDPR.

It also makes no difference how many tenants you have, because if you have personal data about even one tenant then that makes you a data controller and you therefore have to have ALL the requisite policies and procedures in place to ensure that you are GDPR compliant.

Eleftheria Peristianis

17:16 PM, 8th May 2018
About A year ago

Hi Robert,
Could you please email me a copy. Thank you
elliemanoli@hotmail.com

Mark W

17:28 PM, 8th May 2018
About A year ago

Thanks for your confirmation...............Mark W

Robert Mellors

21:54 PM, 21st May 2018
About A year ago

rather than putting their email on this thread.
Just 4 days to go before everyone should have all their GDPR policies and procedures in place!

Jamie Finch

22:12 PM, 24th May 2018
About A year ago

Brilliant stuff Robert. Thanks for all your hard work and extremely thorough documentation well worth the £125 donation to Choice Housing, your not-for-profit organisation. Sounds like you do some very good work there.

Yours