7:36 AM, 1st March 2021, About 9 months ago 12
If Sunak changes CGT rules what is the best way to minimise CGT?
1. I purchased a rental property for £85k jointly a number of years ago in cash.
2. It is worth £125k now (£40K gain).
3. CGT allowance is £12,300, so joint is £24,600.
4. Can I sell the rental property for £85k + £24,600 = £109,600, which is below market value without issue to pay zero CGT and defer the rest to the company whenever it is sold? My Ltd company can pay me cash (as it has the reserves) and I understand there is currently no stamp duty.
5. Is there a tax implication I would fall foul of and more GGT or stamp duty would be charged?
6. Could my company sell it back on 7th March 2020 (me/wife)
on 10th April at £109,600?
7. Can I then sell it back to the company on 20th April for £125k (no stamp duty again, if Sunak extends).
6. Is there a better solution to take the CGT gain tax-free?
Yes, it is a snide and crafty thought. Is it legal?
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.
Advice and implementation provided by a practising Barrister-At-Law with £10,000,000 of Professional Indemnity InsuranceBook Now
|“Account”||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;|
|“Cookie”||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 13, below;|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;|
|“personal data”||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and|
|“We/Us/Our”||Means Property118 Ltd , a limited company registered in England under company number 10295964, whose registered address is 1st Floor, Woburn House, 84 St Benedicts Street, Norwich, NR2 4AB.|
|Name of Cookie||Purpose||Strictly Necessary|
|JSESSIONID||Used only to collect performance data, with any identifiable data obfuscated||No|
|__cfduid||This cookie is strictly necessary for Cloudflare's security features and cannot be turned off.||Yes|
|Name of Cookie||First / Third Party||Provider||Purpose|
|__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmt, __utmz||First||Helps to understand how their visitors engage with our website|
|_fbp||First||Helps to understand how their visitors engage with our website|