Tenants Daughter comes of age – on or off the AST?Make Text Bigger
I have a good tenant; he pays on the dot, is happy where he is and wants to stay on long term.
He is a single parent and has a teenage daughter that has recently come of age. His AST is up for renewal and we are both happy to renew.
The daughter doesn’t seem to be in any kind of permanent work so presumably is wholly dependent on the father (for paying the rent etcetera).
2 Questions for the community;
1) Should I include the daughter on the new AST?
2) What is the risk in not doing so?
I’m sure there are many ‘What ifs’ to consider (and here’s a few of mine)
• What if the unexpected happened to her Dad?
• What if she got a boyfriend who wanted to move in?
• What if she became pregnant?
I’m sure the answer to these and many other scenarios will come out of the comments addressing points 1 & 2 above.
Thanks in advance to the community for their thoughts
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.