Tenant wanting to end tenancy earlyMake Text Bigger
I am a tenant of a property with my partner. Since moving, we have had continuous problems with faults requiring repair. As soon as something is fixed, another problem arises. We’ve been here since March 2013. We renewed in October 2013 for 12 months as we didn’t fancy moving and also in the hope things would get better.
We’ve had problems with
- No electricity and gas (first 3 days moving in)
- Problems with leaks (from outside into our bedroom – ground floor flat) – now fixed
- Broken boiler – it took 6 months for them to replace it
- Broken shower cubicle door (it’s coming off the wall and has caused tiles to fall off the wall) – reported 1 month ago, not fixed
- Leak now coming in from outside into bathroom (3 days time in 11 days since 1 Jan 14). Leak is coming from the drain where all outlet water runs in to. The one drain covers the whole building (there is an upstairs flat too)
We’re just sick of it all 🙁
Given that this current tenancy ends in October, is there a way out?
My thoughts are that we can end the tenancy using a breach of Section 11(1)(a) of LTA 1985 regarding the drains
and also the number of faults have not allowed us quiet enjoyment of the property with interruption.
I look forward to reading your views.
Many thanks in advance.
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.