Letting a residential property to use as a detox retreat

16:22 PM, 22nd October 2013

Letting a residential property to use as a detox retreat

Letting a residential property to use as a detox retreat

Hello,

I am looking to set up a holiday ‘detox retreat’ in the Cotswolds where people stay for a week at a time in individual rooms (similar to a holiday home but with individual rooms). I’m thinking of options but considering renting a large 4/5 bedroom property close to me (looking initially for a 6 month contract with the option of renting long term), but I’m not sure if I would be able to rent a ‘standard residential property’ as the property would be run as a holiday home business? I am thinking of purchasing a property in the future, if the business works but I would prefer to rent initially.

I am an experienced property investor and have a number of properties that I rent out, but this is a new area so looking for some advice on the rental issue. Letting a residential property to use as a detox retreat

Thanks for your help.

Helen

Comments

Puzzler

17:17 PM, 27th October 2013

Reply to the comment left by "sally lloyd" at "27/10/2013 - 16:42":

Any food business needs food hygiene clearance from the council, like the joke but don't put Helen into a false sense of security! 🙂 LOL

Helen Landlord

13:52 PM, 17th January 2014

Hi all,

Well all has gone perfectly and my retreat business 'The Cotswolds Juice Retreat' in Painswick is going ahead and here is my website has just gone live at http://www.thejuiceretreat.co.uk and Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/thejuiceretreat. Daily fresh organic juices, yoga or fitness/walks, live blood analysis and a range of relaxing treatments during the week long detox.

I'm renting a holiday cottage, just close to where live, for weeks at a time and the owners are happy for me to run the retreat (in fact the owner Nicki who lives next door is actually running some of the fitness sessions so perfect). Registered with Stroud Council for the food hygiene cert they feel the business is very low risk so no problem there.

Thank you for all your help and suggestions on this:-)

Helen

Mark Alexander

14:07 PM, 17th January 2014

Reply to the comment left by "Helen Landlord" at "17/01/2014 - 13:52":

Well done Helen, I wish you and your new business every success 🙂

First trial date December 2021!