Is completion date agreed in writing when we exchange contracts?Make Text Bigger
I am buying a property for the 1st time doing the 5% gov scheme, we exchanged contracts , however there is nothing in the contract to say about the completion date. I bought it off plan, the property is still in construction, but before we exchanged contracts the verbal agreement was the property will be finish and ready to move in between October to December this year (2018) . However after we exchanged contracts, straight away they said the property won’t be ready until February 2019.
Now my questions are:
- Can I get the sellers company to send me in writing an agreement about the completion date and if they not finishing the property by December to take legal actions against them?
- Is there anywhere in the exchange contracts saying that the property will be ready by a certain date or in a certain period of time?
- Can I pull out the deal and get my deposit back if they doing this?
- Can I add this clause to my contract after we exchanged contracts?
- Is there anything I can do legally to get my deposit back if I changed my mind about the company and I can see they are not taking this matter serious and their attitude towards me has changed since we exchanged contracts?
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.