How do I get the CCJ registered with the Registry Trust?

How do I get the CCJ registered with the Registry Trust?

12:06 PM, 30th December 2019, About 4 years ago 32

Text Size

We managed to evict a tenant after getting a CCJ, but the Court did not register it with the Registry Trust. We have discovered she is a serial offender with multiple CCJs, but none are registered so she can keep conning new landlords who will be unaware of her evictions or CCJs.

It is not worth us doing Enforcement as she has no car, savings or possessions of any value. I have written to the Camberwell and Shoreditch County Court, but they have not replied.

How do I get the CCJ registered with the Registry Trust?

Many thanks


Editors Note:


What we do

TrustOnline is operated by Registry Trust and provides access to the Official Statutory Register of Judgments, Orders and Fines for England and Wales on behalf of the Ministry of Justice. Registry Trust also provides access to the Registers for Scotland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Jersey and the Republic of Ireland by agreement with the authorities in those jurisdictions.

TrustOnline is the only service which provides members of the public and businesses with immediate access to search the complete Register.

Registry Trust additionally provides an offline range of commercial activities ranging from data supply to data enhancement and analytical services.

Share This Article



18:18 PM, 2nd January 2020, About 4 years ago

Reply to the comment left by Monty Bodkin at 02/01/2020 - 13:11
Dear Monty,
Here is a copy and paste excerpt from the confirmation letter :
"Possession Order Case No. E0PP2708"
"Having checked our records, I can confirm that we received notification from the court on the 8th June 2018 and the above judgment is now showing as unsatisfied on the public Register.
At the same time, we advised the credit reference agencies who receive details of county court judgments so that they can update their files."
I did not receive an instalment payment order.
I am hoping that if I bide my time for a few years and then appoint debt collectors to chase the tenant I may recoup some of my losses. But she is and was an astute and adroit manipulator of the system, who I also outed as a benefits cheat, so my assumption is that she will always find a way to continue pilfering. The UK doesn't seem to have the requisite checks and balances in place to deter the determined rogue tenant.


23:46 PM, 10th May 2022, About 2 years ago

Reply to the comment left by John at 31/12/2019 - 13:31
Hi all, I've been following this thread and John asked "what's the cheapest way of doing enforcement?" - from the fees link I can see a money claim costs £30 for the lowest claim amount so I was wondering if anyone knows if you can claim for any amount you want up to the amount actually owed because then you could claim for the lowest amount - only costing you £30 which then gets it "enforced" without costing an arm and a leg - especially if you don't think you'll actually recoup any of the costs from the rogue tenant, this is just to get them on the CCJ register.

Leave Comments

In order to post comments you will need to Sign In or Sign Up for a FREE Membership


Don't have an account? Sign Up

Landlord Tax Planning Book Now