How to get the best insurance for a portfolio of let property

How to get the best insurance for a portfolio of let property

8:51 AM, 11th October 2017, About 7 years ago 6

Text Size

IF you own more than one let property then you could save money and improve cover by buying a landlord portfolio of insurance.

If you own multiple properties, there are benefits to buying the insurance all together as discounts can be applied that single properties do not attract. In purely practical terms, it also means you can bring renewal dates together.

We have seen property portfolios of all different sizes and scales. What we need is a basic set of information for us to get a quote for you if you apply online, which may be available with your insurance renewal document. Here’s what is required for a portfolio quote:

About each property:

  • Full address inc postcode
  • Property type (terrace/detached etc)
  • Year built
  • Bedrooms
  • Rebuild cost
  • Landlord contents
  • Any claims, flooding or subsidence history?
  • Tenant type – Working/DSS etc

Don’t forget, Property 118 offers a price guarantee on like for like cover, so why not give us a try with your portfolio and see if we can save you some money and improve the cover at the same time.

We are always happy to take details over the phone too, simply call 01832 770965.

Jason McClean, from Property 118’s insurance partner The Home Insurer, said: “I myself have a small portfolio of landlord property and insure it all on the same renewal date each year. I have saved a lot of money by bringing the properties together on one renewal date and hope we can do the same for you.”

Landlords Buying Group Insurance Renewal

Click the button below for an instant Landlords Insurance quote


Share This Article



8:27 AM, 14th October 2017, About 7 years ago

Just had a horrendous time with an insurance claim following a water leak. I live abroad and the insurance company expected me to do all the running around and to obtain quotes. This was left to my agents who had difficulty getting anyone to quote and were not really competent to assess the quotes received. It took about 4 months before repairs were completed. The insurance company risk assessor who was only appointed after quotes were obtained did not inspect or sign off the work, this was my responsibility.
I am looking for an insurance company who takes responsibility as soon as a claim is made and arranges for contractors to carry out the works. What is your claims proceedure, is it better than that I have described?

Francis Drake

8:28 AM, 25th October 2017, About 7 years ago

Reply to the comment left by Bill Williams at 14/10/2017 - 08:27
There is no such thing as an insurance company who will undertake the work.
If you pay your agents for managing the property it is their duty to sort this out, if they cannot then change them


9:49 AM, 25th October 2017, About 7 years ago

Reply to the comment left by Francis Drake at 25/10/2017 - 08:28
Surely there is an insurance company who will appoint a loss adjuster to do this before, rather than after quotes are obtained. Surely a good insurer will have a panel of contractors they use. Show me an agent who is competent enough to specify and assess what may be complex quotes. Most of them are staffed by people who would not recognise a screwdriver if they saw one.
It is pretty obvious I am looking to change my insurer from my comments. I am also in the process of changing my agent.

Steve B

11:15 AM, 18th November 2017, About 7 years ago

One problem I foresee with this is similar to having a multi-car policy in that, if you make a claim on one car then it affects your no claims bonus on the whole policy. Is it the same for this type of portfolio insurance where if one property is subject to a claim then the whole policy is affected. I have not worked out the financial difference/costs but it is something to bear in mind.

Jireh Homes

16:38 PM, 11th March 2018, About 6 years ago

I have a policy through a Broker with Prestige and had an escape of water claim (from flat above). The insurer passed the claim to a Loss Adjustor who dealt with the tradesmen in making good the damage with no action by me other than paying the excess. So yes, good insurance companies do exist.


17:08 PM, 11th March 2018, About 6 years ago

Reply to the comment left by Jireh Homes at 11/03/2018 - 16:38
Do you have a contact for them. there are several companies called Prestige listed on Google?

Leave Comments

In order to post comments you will need to Sign In or Sign Up for a FREE Membership


Don't have an account? Sign Up

Landlord Tax Planning Book Now