Covid-19 Bounce Back loans for property businesses16:06 PM, 5th May 2020
About 3 weeks ago 46
Since my husbands recent death I am sole owner of a three bed terrace rental house in an estate in a northern town. The tenants one could only dream of having, they are excellent.
The left side fence has been falling down over a period of weeks, my tenants have made numerous calls to the housing trust which have been ignored. I believe their tenant has at last reported this problem and today the trust contacted my tenants.
1. Who say we I have to pay half of the costs.
2. The old rule of which side belonged to the property has been changed by this govt. No longer counts…..
3. We have replaced the right side of the fence at our expense. This is of no concern to the trust.
4. My tenants have a large and very unfriendly dog, the trust know this, but say if he animal bites it’s my tenants fault, but do nothing.
5. The fence in question is build on the other side of a low garden brick wall. Built by the previous property owner in this garden with the smooth side of the fence facing our side.
I hate to ask, but do need an opinion or two on this new law and where I stand.
Very many thanks.
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.
Our mission is to facilitate the sharing of best practice amongst UK landlords, tenants and letting agentsLearn More