Vacant property and social distancing rules?

15:38 PM, 15th April 2020
About 6 months ago

Vacant property and social distancing rules?

Vacant property and social distancing rules?

Hi, I have a flat that will be vacant from this weekend and have been advertising for the past month before the lockdown happened.

My question is I still get daily enquires and people wanting a virtual viewing. Am I allowed to be doing this and can I re -et the property?

I would be following the social distancing rules as will be doing virtual viewings, digital contracts etc. Am I to be the judge that it is essential for someone to move house during this time?

Do I need to ask the potential tenants if it is essential?

Many thanks

Gemma

Comments

Gunga Din

11:41 AM, 19th April 2020
About 6 months ago

"...definition for the term permitting a move, "to move house where reasonably necessary;" as used in the legislation?"

Perhaps better we don't have a firm definition, so that interpretation and some flexibility is allowed. One can't expect gov't to legislate for every single scenario.

I had an enquiry from a guy living in the back of his car, referred by the LA. I would say that helping him was "reasonably necessary" Access to a printer would be difficult for him, so I'd consider it "reasonably necessary" to drive to the location to sort things out.

It fell through. He found somewhere else.

BB

11:58 AM, 19th April 2020
About 6 months ago

Reply to the comment left by Gunga Din at 19/04/2020 - 11:41
Yes, agreed 100%, I not so long ago used or tried to apply a similar approach, in my response to another member's post. He wasn't too fond of mine or yours love of ambiguity.

So might I ask did said potential Tenant move to another car or more permenant accomadtion?

Gunga Din

12:10 PM, 19th April 2020
About 6 months ago

When I ended up in touch with him he already had a non-refund. deposit down on another place.

BB

12:22 PM, 19th April 2020
About 6 months ago

Ah well fair play to him and good luck. But this whole mess doesn't give you, me or many others like us a clear, definitive path forward. I ve emailed my LHA contact this morning to request a clear and simple "yes or no".

Mortgage Express (Rosinca Mortgages) will not allow transfer of equity?