Tenant Eviction forms?

Tenant Eviction forms?

9:36 AM, 2nd January 2018, About 6 years ago 3

Text Size

Hi all, it is extremely confusing where to source the latest version of an eviction notice:

– Periodic Tenancy
– All paperwork above board (EPC, deposit protected etc)
– No arrears though one late payment

So basically what I am trying to say is this should be a straightforward eviction so just trying to find the relevant form.

Any help much appreciated. I plan to email a copy and hand deliver (have tenant acknowledge by signature) too.



Share This Article


Neil Patterson

9:58 AM, 2nd January 2018, About 6 years ago

Hi Terry,

From what you have said I am assuming maybe incorrectly that you wish to serve a section 21 ?

I recommend you read Tessa Shepperson's article "How to stop evictions going wrong" and also the whole series.

Please see >> https://www.property118.com/stop-evictions-going-wrong/

The NLA section 21 form can also be found here >> https://landlords.org.uk/sites/default/files/17%20Section%2021%20Notice.pdf

Mandy Thomson

12:16 PM, 2nd January 2018, About 6 years ago

I agree with Neal - Section 21, not Section 8.
You are OK to use s.21 provided (in addition to the deposit requirements and EPC) you've served How to Rent, the gas safety certificate (if applicable), addressed any written repair requests within 14 days, and have a landlord licence if applicable.
Notice must be on form 6a. If you use the NLA version you need to purchase it from them or become a member - the advantage of becoming a member is unlimited use of the telephone advice line. If you don't want to join or pay, there is a free government version available.
Just to be extra sure, I suggest the notice you give covers at least 2 whole monthly tenancy renewal cycles, not simply 2 straight months. Also, ensure you retain proof of service (you can only serve electronically if tenant has pre-agreed in writing). You must also serve a copy on each individual tenant, though you put all the tenants' names on the form 6a.
Most tenants will move at some point after receiving a s.21, but a small number won't (usually because they are on housing benefit and their rehousing options are limited). In which case, on expiry of the notice you need to enforce it by applying for an accelerated possession order from the county court - see https://www.gov.uk/accelerated-possession-eviction

Luke P

12:52 PM, 2nd January 2018, About 6 years ago

Reply to the comment left by Mandy Thomson at 02/01/2018 - 12:16
There is only one 'version' no matter who you get it from.

Leave Comments

In order to post comments you will need to Sign In or Sign Up for a FREE Membership


Don't have an account? Sign Up

Landlord Tax Planning Book Now