Covid-19 Bounce Back loans for property businesses16:06 PM, 5th May 2020
About 4 weeks ago 47
My tenant has given her 1 months notice to end her unfurnished room tenancy on 30th April. The property is a 2 person flat-share in South London and she is currently in lockdown in Wales. I am in Gloucestershire.
I will offer to not charge rent from 1st May until I have vacant possession and she has removed her furniture, clothes and other personal possessions, but that she should still pay her share of Council Tax etc.
1. Are checkouts/moving restricted during Covid-19 lockdown?
2. Would travelling to South London for to remove her belongings and I to do the checkout at the end of the tenancy (30th April) be “essential travel”?
3. She will need a van and probably 1 + 2 others to help remove the sofa bed, double bed, sets of drawers, other furniture, clothes etc etc. Would this breach the “no more than 2 people” Government direction?
3. Is she still liable for her 50% share of the Council Tax and gas and electricity meter standing charges until I get full vacant possession?
4. The deposit is on protection (paid by a 3rd party) with the DPS. Is this only returned , less agreed deductions, once I have full vacant possession of the room?
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.
Our mission is to facilitate the sharing of best practice amongst UK landlords, tenants and letting agentsLearn More