11:17 AM, 1st April 2020, About A year ago 6
My tenant has given her 1 months notice to end her unfurnished room tenancy on 30th April. The property is a 2 person flat-share in South London and she is currently in lockdown in Wales. I am in Gloucestershire.
I will offer to not charge rent from 1st May until I have vacant possession and she has removed her furniture, clothes and other personal possessions, but that she should still pay her share of Council Tax etc.
1. Are checkouts/moving restricted during Covid-19 lockdown?
2. Would travelling to South London for to remove her belongings and I to do the checkout at the end of the tenancy (30th April) be “essential travel”?
3. She will need a van and probably 1 + 2 others to help remove the sofa bed, double bed, sets of drawers, other furniture, clothes etc etc. Would this breach the “no more than 2 people” Government direction?
3. Is she still liable for her 50% share of the Council Tax and gas and electricity meter standing charges until I get full vacant possession?
4. The deposit is on protection (paid by a 3rd party) with the DPS. Is this only returned , less agreed deductions, once I have full vacant possession of the room?
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.
Advice and implementation provided by a practising Barrister-At-Law with £10,000,000 of Professional Indemnity InsuranceBook Now
Previous ArticleLandlord Law - Learning for Landlords in the Lockdown
Next ArticleNRLA merger completes and Chair is announced
|“Account”||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;|
|“Cookie”||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 13, below;|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;|
|“personal data”||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and|
|“We/Us/Our”||Means Property118 Ltd , a limited company registered in England under company number 10295964, whose registered address is 1st Floor, Woburn House, 84 St Benedicts Street, Norwich, NR2 4AB.|
|Name of Cookie||Purpose||Strictly Necessary|
|JSESSIONID||Used only to collect performance data, with any identifiable data obfuscated||No|
|__cfduid||This cookie is strictly necessary for Cloudflare's security features and cannot be turned off.||Yes|
|Name of Cookie||First / Third Party||Provider||Purpose|
|__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmt, __utmz||First||Helps to understand how their visitors engage with our website|
|_fbp||First||Helps to understand how their visitors engage with our website|