Any takers to help Liverpool City Council get it right?

by Readers Question

7:29 AM, 24th December 2018
About 11 months ago

Any takers to help Liverpool City Council get it right?

Make Text Bigger
Any takers to help Liverpool City Council get it right?

Current Job advert on the Liverpool Hub:

Opportunity IdDN381425 – Title Consultation for Selective Licensing
Categories 152050 – Property

Description: Liverpool City Council (LCC) is seeking a partner to develop and deliver a robust consultation on the options for landlord licensing following the expiry of the current citywide scheme in March 2020. The consultation exercise is to take place over a 12 week period and the partner will be required to produce a report and present the findings of the outcome of the consultation process.

Region(s) of supply – Merseyside

Estimated valueN/A- KeywordsLandlords, Consultation, Licensing, Survey, Housing

Regards

Geoff

 



Comments

David Price

9:08 AM, 24th December 2018
About 11 months ago

Larry Sweeney need not apply.

Luke P

10:41 AM, 24th December 2018
About 11 months ago

Reply to the comment left by David Price at 24/12/2018 - 09:08
Not that they’d want him, but who better to take up the post? If they simply want someone with a bias against LLs as a prerequisite, then it’s hardly proper consultation, is it. Hopefully they won’t get Home Office approval for a city-wide extension and at best get 20% of the borough.

Larry Sweeney

14:04 PM, 24th December 2018
About 11 months ago

The consultation will be a sham. These so called consultations are mandated by the HA 2004 therefore the bankrupt councils must play the game and hold one. Assuming they are limited to 20% , they will jack up the licence price to Sefton levels to suck in as much cash as possible.

Luke P

0:36 AM, 25th December 2018
About 11 months ago

Reply to the comment left by Larry Sweeney at 24/12/2018 - 14:04
Did they set quantifiable targets during the first five years? Hold them to those. If they have missed these then licensing failed (weak argument for extension), if the met them then why is the extension required? If they insist an extension is required but settle for the ‘easier’ 20%, then why…and why the particular 20% they choose - are the other areas (80%) cured, if not then why are they not pushing for city-wide (if they ignore the other areas, why not also ignore the 20% they are pushing for)??

Geoff Cunningham

10:00 AM, 29th December 2018
About 11 months ago

It's like voting ... if you don't vote you can't complain about the result of an election.
If you won't get involved in a consultation then don't winge afterwards that you weren't heard. Get involved and if it is a sham you can say so with evidence to back your view.


Leave Comments

Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.

Forgotten your password?

OR

BECOME A MEMBER

Nottingham council to use landlord review website

The Landlords Union

Become a Member, it's FREE

Our mission is to facilitate the sharing of best practice amongst UK landlords, tenants and letting agents

Learn More