Suspicious Letting Agent?

Suspicious Letting Agent?

9:02 AM, 26th November 2020, About 3 years ago 4

Text Size

I am not impressed with the Letting Agent that I use and I have made complaints that have not been addressed and I feel like I’m getting nowhere fast.

Legislation states they have to be registered with one of two compulsory redress schemes. The company is not listed under The Property Ombudsman nor the Property Redress Scheme.

Whom do I report them to?

Many thanks

Reluctant Landlord

Share This Article



9:55 AM, 26th November 2020, About 3 years ago

Someone on this net will give you the exact pointers including the mandatory rules but the first thing you must do is fire the bad agent? You must keep in mind that an agent is just that. He acts for you. You are the Principal and the buck stops with you. You may dream of suing the agent for your losses but no point if he is a 'man of straw' and not insured.


16:26 PM, 26th November 2020, About 3 years ago

I think you report them to Trading Standards


16:49 PM, 26th November 2020, About 3 years ago

Was he cheap? because no insurance, no redress membership and not doing the work you request of him means he can undercut others on price.


22:18 PM, 29th November 2020, About 3 years ago

Trading Standards is your best bet

If they owe you money, you can take them to a county court

Leave Comments

In order to post comments you will need to Sign In or Sign Up for a FREE Membership


Don't have an account? Sign Up

Landlord Tax Planning Book Now