No Rent For Buy To Let Landlords

by BakerStreetPropertyMeet

18:54 PM, 18th March 2020
About A year ago

No Rent For Buy To Let Landlords

No Rent For Buy To Let Landlords

Its a distressing time for Buy To Let (BTL) Landlords with tenants affected by Coronavirus (COVID-19). Now if tenants don’t pay their rent, landlords won’t be able to evict them for non rent payment using a Section 21 notice.

This poses a problem if tenants start to demand rent payment holidays of their landlords. In this video below Ranjan addresses the problem faced by residential buy to let landlords and the array of other costs and overheads they now face.

Comments

Mark Alexander

14:59 PM, 24th April 2020
About 12 months ago

Reply to the comment left by Susan Bradley at 24/04/2020 - 14:42
I wasn’t aware that LRS has closed down, that’s very sad.

Apparently, my RGI was not with DAS after all. It was to begin with but LettingSupermarket changed providers a while back apparently and the new provider is still paying out.

I can only suggest you take your case to the Insurance Ombudsman.

Beaver

15:06 PM, 24th April 2020
About 12 months ago

Reply to the comment left by Susan Bradley at 24/04/2020 - 14:37
Oh dear...I'm sorry. If she'd owned her own premises I believe she'd be entitled to apply for a grant possibly as well as the support due to self-employed people when it finally comes along. I don't know whether the grant applies to leased premises but you might want to check online. At least then when you go back and tell her that the rent remains due you would be able to point her at something helpful.

I suggest you look here at Small Business Grant Funding

Susan Bradley

15:21 PM, 24th April 2020
About 12 months ago

Reply to the comment left by Beaver at 24/04/2020 - 15:06
Thanks to both of you for your replies. I will keep persevering but it’s maddening when you purchase these policies in good faith to minimise risk and hassle and they try to wriggle out of it. Just more hassle!

Mark Alexander

15:52 PM, 24th April 2020
About 12 months ago

Reply to the comment left by Susan Bradley at 24/04/2020 - 15:21
I can only imagine how frustrated you must be!

Good luck

How to triple your rental profit with HMOs