Legally frustrated?

Legally frustrated?

11:28 AM, 1st September 2020, About 4 years ago 3

Text Size

Hello 118 ers, I engaged with a legal firm for advice that I came across on a property forum. Long story short. I was advised to follow the steps laid out, they would complete the legal documents etc and all would be fine.

2 years on work has not been completed, calls are not returned. During this time I gained advice from the legal ombudsman which advice I duly followed, a reply was received that they would address the complaint. Still, nothing (5 months since complaint lodged).

I forwarded details to legal ombudsman 8 weeks now still no reply.

Fees for work was paid in full at the beginning. £4300.00

What else can I do now?


Share This Article



12:22 PM, 1st September 2020, About 4 years ago

You need to make a complaint to the Solicitors Regulation Authority
There is information on how to complain at the link above

Chris @ Possession Friend

14:45 PM, 1st September 2020, About 4 years ago

Reply to the comment left by REB at 01/09/2020 - 12:22SRA are less than useless ( but by all means complain to them )
The only thing Solicitors understand is being taken to court ( I've found they're quite quick to settle and don't want to be appearing as defendants ! )
In a case I had, the solicitors botched a Possession job for a landlord who came to me. After letters in which they admitted numerous mistakes, they only offered the Landlord back, - HALF her fees she'd paid them.
Court proceedings were issued which solicitors maintained they would strenuously defend, but paid up in Full two weeks before the court hearing.


19:27 PM, 1st September 2020, About 4 years ago

The SRA will probably refer you to the ombudsman! Both absolutely useless.
If they are close go to the solicitors and make loud complaints about their failings in reception, preferably when they are busy!

Leave Comments

In order to post comments you will need to Sign In or Sign Up for a FREE Membership


Don't have an account? Sign Up

Landlord Tax Planning Book Now