HMO Licensing – what’s the point?Make Text Bigger
This article about HMO Licensing is very different to many of the other articles I’ve written as I’m looking for answers as opposed to giving them.
I can accept that the principles of HMO licensing is to provide safe homes and I’m all for that but that’s not what I’m really getting at by raising the questions I have in this article.
Can anybody tell me the following please, either for their local area or the UK as a whole?
- How many HMO’s are there?
- How many HMO Licences have been issued?
- How much money has been collected from HMO licensing?
- How many HMO’s have local authorities closed down due to being unsafe or unlicensed?
- How many fines have been imposed on landlords operating unlicensed HMO’s?
- What is the value of these fines?
- How has the money raised as a result of HMO licensing and fines been spent?
Thanks in advance for your answers.
PS – I wonder whether we will see a similar set of results when landlord licensing becomes the norm too?
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.