9:28 AM, 20th July 2020, About 3 years ago 12
Hi, So basically my tenant’s AST runs out Aug 17th and I have served the 3 months notice during the lockdown, but the agent I used has spelt one of the tenant’s surname wrong looking at this? (Sidepoint),
I have told my tenant late Jan this year before the lockdown that I want the property back as I am moving in with my family. We both agreed for my tenant to move out in August.
Since Lockdown my tenant has been paying me 40% of the rent and only last month they had increased it to around 65% of the rent.
They have said they will pay the remaining balance off monthly around £300 per month which I’m happy to work with them to do so, but my main concern is they are now saying they do not have the funds to move out in August knowing that I can’t evict them!
They have said they need a few more months around Nov/Dec to save the money and pay the rent so they can move!
My question is this, I am waiting to move in and need to asap due to personal circumstances so is there any chance of me getting them out before Nov/Dec or do I trust them and wait?
But what if in Nov/Dec they are not ready and ask for further time, we are now talking Jan/Feb 2021!
Should I start legal proceedings to evict them? If so what is the realistic timeline in getting them out down the legal road with all the backlogs with the courts etc!
Any help would be appreciated as I just need advice and a rough date to have in mind to work towards getting my property back as I genuinely need to move in!
Previous ArticleOther Landlords refusing to pay for common repairs?