Garden is trashed?

9:00 AM, 23rd January 2015

Garden is trashed?

Garden is trashed?

Although my tenants have lived in the house for 2 years, and always paid their rent on time, and are lovely people, they currently have a pile of junk outside of the house – old childrens toys, a fridge freezer, wood, rubbish, and I asked them to get it removed.

They agreed that they would, and that it was looking a mess. However,nothing has been done about it (3 weeks later) I looked into their back garden yesterday – and see that it is full of rubbish, dog poo (they have two dogs), and is generally in an appalling state! What is my best course of action? I don’t especially want them to move out – although, frankly I would prefer that to this situation continuing……..I don’t want to get it wrong….should I ask them to move the rubbish (verbally), put it in writing, or what is considered best?Please!

CathyGarden

Comments

Dr Rosalind Beck

13:05 PM, 24th January 2015

Reply to the comment left by "brian clement" at "24/01/2015 - 01:38":

Brian. Well, isn't that just typical? We not only get blamed for what we do and don't do, but also for what tenants do. How can Environmental Health justify this? We are not in control of other people's behaviour. Is there any way of challenging this? How would it be YOUR rubbish in the garden? And why would you be fined for someone else's behaviour? I wonder if anyone else can throw any light on this?

Joe Bloggs

17:22 PM, 24th January 2015

Reply to the comment left by "Rosalind " at "24/01/2015 - 13:05":

ITS not sustainable! the person to be fined is the person in control of the property. google environmental protection act.

Cathy G

22:39 PM, 30th January 2015

I would like to thank all of you who replied to my query. As it was it all turned out well. Infact things went rather differently to anticipated. The tenants has asked for the house to be cavity wall insulated, and that was fine by me - it didn't cost me anything - there was a company doing insulation on a Government scheme. Well, the insulation people rang me up to say that they could not complete the job because of the dog-mess, and general mess in the back garden!!! So, I phoned the tenants and relayed this and didn't mention that I had actually seen the mess. They were sheepish on the phone, but I said I would either come around in 24 hours to look at the garden, or I would give them a week to clean it up, and then come around and look at it. So, they opted for the week option. I put this in writing, stating the date and time I would visit. This worked - the garden is now clean and tidy'ish! So, all's well that ends well.......I thank you all for reading my post and your answers.

Mortgage Express (Rosinca Mortgages) will not allow transfer of equity?