Registered with Property118.com
Thursday 27th June 2013
Latest CommentsTotal Number of Property118 Comments: 644
I have been in the property profession all my working life. With my family we have 15 rentals and we are buying more. Our portfolio is very diverse, i.e. ex council houses and flats, private flats and luxury multi million pound private houses. Most types of tenants (no HB after very bad experience). We have been landlords for about 16 years and do everything in-house, i.e.:
– trying to get best out of conveyancers
– maintaining and refurbishing (and I don’t mean just getting builders in)
– finding tenants, referencing, heads of terms, AST’s
– placing insurance and proactive insurance claims handling
– fighting mortgage company for extortionate SVR (won).
– negotiating crane oversailing licence
– negotiating luxury let to TV company during Olympics
– trying to control expenditure by managing agents and councils on several block of flats in which we have interests
– took managing agents to LTV (won)
– jointly fighting LBN proposals for PRS licensing (lost) and redevelopment of carpenters estate (won first round)
– preparing all accounts and tax returns
– etc etc etc.
In addition have two other property related businesses.