Funding for boilers and more coming

Funding for boilers and more coming

9:14 AM, 5th August 2020, About 2 years ago 29

Text Size

The Government with help from the big six energy companies has released funding for free energy-saving measures for home-owners, landlords and the benefit of tenants to include the installation of:

Electric heaters, Electric Heating systems, Gas boilers, Gas central heating systems, Cavity wall insulation (new beads), Solid wall external and internal insulation, Underfloor insulation and Room in roof insulation.

Soon they will be backing grants for; Solar Panels, Heat pumps and Windows

I am a surveyor and this is great news for help with energy efficiency improvements.




8:31 AM, 8th August 2020, About 2 years ago

Hi Mark,

Do you cover (or know someone who does cover) west and north west London?

Am I right in that if the landlord has children under the age of 16 and receives child benefit that would satisfy the eligibility criteria (even if the tenants don’t receive any benefits?)

And is this a different scheme to the recently announced government one?

I have 7 properties where the boilers are over 7 years old. 3 have recently had issues and are likely to need replacement soon (one is getting looked at again this morning and might replacement urgently!)

The problem may be being able to do other qualifying criteria. 3 flats have access to loft spaces so could have insulation upgraded. The others all have solid walls and no loft spaces. I don’t think there is space to install solid wall installation without making rooms much smaller (and the ground floor flats have solid floors).

Two flats (without lofts) have original single glazed sash windows too.

Would be great to speak to someone about them.
Many thanks

Mark Jenkins ECO3 help

9:37 AM, 8th August 2020, About 2 years ago

Reply to the comment left by AP at 08/08/2020 - 08:31
Hi AP,
Thanks for asking.
The scheme is set up firstly for those on benefits and the property has lack of insulation etc.
LA FLEX may be able to be used but you would need to find out that you area is “one board “. If you could contact your local authority they should be able to tell you.
Then it’s not based on benefits but means tested and if the property needs the upgrade to improve it.
Solid wall can be fitted externally so it will not effect the inside if this a concern. The internal insulation is a great idea and not as big off the wall as you would think. Floors can’t be done if solid, if wooden suspended and have access etc it can be done either from above or below. Lofts as long as insulation existing is less than 100mm we can get it topped up.
If boarded you would need to remove the boards and then the install team can fit the new loft insulation. Note on number of down lights must be considered as fire caps would need to be fitted, they would be covered as part of the deal.
Boilers would only be replaced if you can have a measure fitted which would be the main measure then there is funding fo the boiler. It can’t be done on its own.
Only time a central heating system can be fitted as a one off, is when the property has storage heating as main heating then we could install what’s called first time central heating.
If electric panel heaters as main heating then they would be upgraded to storage type.
Proof of benefits at time of survey must be showed to the team.
If you are the owner of the property its your benefit you would need to apply for the grant not the tenant.
If the tenant is on a benefit then they can apply with your permission. The tenant can’t apply for the grant on your benefits if that makes sense.
Windows are coming in soon so am not sure who would survey this, it may get sent to me and my other surveyors once we know more info.
If you don’t mind sending me an email with the details of properties etc no names at this stage just address and if on benefits and type of property etc
I can then asses the situation.


Mark Jenkins ECO3 help

9:44 AM, 8th August 2020, About 2 years ago

Reply to the comment left by at 08/08/2020 - 07:32
Hi Verity,
Pin me an email am in Bournemouth we can communicate via email if you wish.

Mark Jenkins
Heating and plumbing services
Eco 3 help

Mark Jenkins ECO3 help

9:51 AM, 8th August 2020, About 2 years ago

Reply to the comment left by AP at 08/08/2020 - 08:31
Hi AP,
Yes I do have a surveyor in London
I would need all the info as requested before I could send a surveyor over etc.
If you could pin the details to my email that would be great.
It would only be for the process of the grant.
If you don’t want to you can just phone
0800 4480 550
Please mention me : Mark Jenkins (Bournemouth)
Then can then patch it to the survey team there.



12:28 PM, 8th August 2020, About 2 years ago

Reply to the comment left by Mark Jenkins ECO3 help at 08/08/2020 - 09:37
Hi Mark - is there a definitive list of qualifying benefits anywhere that you could point us to please?


12:34 PM, 8th August 2020, About 2 years ago

Reply to the comment left by Badger at 08/08/2020 - 12:28
Hi Mark - is there a definitive list of qualifying benefits anywhere that you could point us to please?

Cancel that!

There is a comprehensive list on the Money Saving Expert link supplied earlier:

Mark Jenkins ECO3 help

12:53 PM, 8th August 2020, About 2 years ago

Question on what is the qualifying benefits for the 2020 eco 3 grants are as follows;

Child benefit new
Child/ working tax credit
Universal credit
Income support
Careers allowance
Personal independence payment PIP
Industrial injuries disablement
Job seekers allowance
Employment support
Disability living allowance
Severe disability allowance
Pension credit guarantee
War pensioners mobility supplement
Armed forces independence payment

Unlock your ECO3 funding today !
Contact Mark Jenkins on :

If you don’t fall into the above you may get the grant through
LA FLEX through local area authorities scheme.
For social housing and those with low income but not lower enough to get a benefit.
Check with your local council to see if they are “ON BOARD” with LA FLEX.

Any more help please don’t hesitate to contact me

747 G-BYGC

17:48 PM, 18th January 2021, About 2 years ago

Hi All
Looking for information if my tenants are entitled to a new boiler through the energy grant system
They receive some benefits but I can’t seem to find the correct way to apply for them
The property is in Slough Berkshire
Would appreciate any assistance please
Many thanks

Leave Comments

In order to post comments you will need to Sign In or Sign Up for a FREE Membership


Don't have an account? Sign Up

Landlord Tax Planning Book Now