Form N325 and joint tenants?

Form N325 and joint tenants?

10:41 AM, 27th November 2017, About 7 years ago 4

Text Size

I have obtained an order for possession under an accelerated possession order for 29th November.

The tenancy is a joint and several tenancy and one tenant has moved out (the couple have split up). The resident tenant is seeking to be housed by the Council so is holding on until eviction date as per normal council advice about not making yourself deliberately homeless.

I am completing N325 in advance and there is only one space for the Defendant.

Question: Should I squeeze both addresses into box 3?

Many thanks


Share This Article


Neil Patterson

10:43 AM, 27th November 2017, About 7 years ago

Hi Ian,

From the RLA guidance >>

"Complete name of court and claim number at top right hand side

Paragraph 1 (Claimants Name and Address) is the landlord or his/her solicitor name and address.

Paragraph 2 (a) Enter "As Above" unless the address is different.

Paragraph 3 (Defendants Name and Address) is all the tenants names and the full property address details.

Paragraph 4(a) If the claimant has asked for and received a judgement for costs then insert £355 into section 4a. If the defendant is not required to pay costs, then insert Nil.

Paragraph 4(b) Insert the same amount as box a, unless the tenant has paid some of the judgement already. Then insert £121 for issuing the notice and any legal representative costs that have accrued and then total up the amount.

Paragraph 5 (Property/Land Details) Date of judgement/order, this is the date of the hearing. Date of possession, this is the date possession should have been given up

"Describe the Land" box is simply the address and post code of the property.

In the signature box on the right hand side delete the wording within both sets of brackets in part (1) and delete the whole of part (2). Add signature and date

At the bottom of the form put the contact details of the landlord.

Once completed post N325 form to court with the appropriate fee of £121. It is advised that the landlord retains a copy of the completed and signed N325 form, for their own records. The court will then contact the defendant."

Mandy Thomson

8:20 AM, 28th November 2017, About 7 years ago

Unless you've been officially informed of the other tenant's new address, as Neil says you would add both tenants' names and the property address only at item 3.

Bailiffs will remove anyone from the property who happens to be there on day, not just official tenants.


19:42 PM, 8th February 2019, About 5 years ago

Reply to the comment left by Neil Patterson at 27/11/2017 - 10:43
What should I put in "Fee Account no"?


14:13 PM, 14th September 2022, About 2 years ago

Reply to the comment left by Neil Patterson at 27/11/2017 - 10:43
This is so helpful, thanks very much for posting. If its assists anyone I have just spoken to the Croydon County court and they accept these applications via email with a covering letter detailing the claim number etc. You then request in the email a call back for them to take payment. Traditional ways also consist of sending by post with a cheque by recorded delivery. The email should anyone need it

Leave Comments

In order to post comments you will need to Sign In or Sign Up for a FREE Membership


Don't have an account? Sign Up

Landlord Tax Planning Book Now