EICR reports and Distribution Boards?

9:40 AM, 7th September 2020
About 3 weeks ago

EICR reports and Distribution Boards?

EICR reports and Distribution Boards?

I have had EICR reports prepared for 2 flats and both of them say that the Electrical Distribution Boards need to be moved although they are both accessible with a small step ladder. I have also had other things that need further investigation, like the location of the ‘supply head’, which I have never been asked for before and can’t easily find it.

Another electrician has said that some things in the report (such as moving the Distribution Boards) aren’t things he would have classed as urgent or immediate to be done.

Is there a definitive guide for Landlords to understand what the EICR requires or can anyone offer any advice?

I want to comply with the regulations but don’t necessarily trust all the advice given.

Many thanks

Niki

Comments

Paul Shears

13:49 PM, 16th September 2020
About 2 weeks ago

Reply to the comment left by Seething Landlord at 16/09/2020 - 13:09
I'm afraid that would not have worked.
This chap runs his business to guarantee a revisit.
He "has neither the time or spares to conduct any remedial work at the time" and he requires payment before issuing the certificate.
My gas safety chap works the same way although that is virtually bound to pass of course.

Paul Shears

7:04 AM, 18th September 2020
About A week ago

Reply to the comment left by Seething Landlord at 16/09/2020 - 13:09
This is what I take to be a definitive answer from ElectricalSafetyFirst.org.uk:

"**Enquiries Electrical Safety First**
Thu 17/09/20 16:12
To: You
Hi,
The failed/unsatisfactory outcome EICR is exactly that – the certification for the remedials plus the failed EICR is sufficient for you to demonstrate that the installation is safe for continued use and compliant with the PRS legislation. You don’t need a repeat EICR.
Regards,
Enquiries

Seething Landlord

8:27 AM, 18th September 2020
About A week ago

Reply to the comment left by Paul Shears at 18/09/2020 - 07:04
You might want to ask them how that complies with reg (5) (a) (i)

Seething Landlord

8:37 AM, 18th September 2020
About A week ago

Reply to the comment left by Paul Shears at 16/09/2020 - 13:49
I don't doubt that it would not have worked with this electrician or probably with many others.
That's why I said "easier said than done".

Winter Economy Plan leaves landlords out in the cold