Tenant asks for so called ‘No Fault Eviction Notice’?

13:57 PM, 21st October 2019
About 2 months ago

Tenant asks for so called ‘No Fault Eviction Notice’?

Tenant asks for so called ‘No Fault Eviction Notice’?

One of my valued tenants has today asked me to serve a section 21 notice as he is not getting anywhere with the council in terms of providing a council house. He believes they will take him more seriously once his landlord has served him notice.

This is not the first time I have received such a request, and whilst I like to help my tenants if they want to move on, how can I possibly do this without Shelter or Generation Rent accusing me of making the tenant homeless, and requiring the law to be changed to stop such appalling landlord behaviours!

If I help him I am simply adding to the stats that these pressure groups use against us.

Many thanks,

Hardworking Landlord

Comments

Mike

12:36 PM, 27th October 2019
About a month ago

Yes I fully agree with Chris Baker, if tenants are treated as though "Consumers" they then have the right to demand a refund if they do not like the Product, so if one asked for a Section 21, or Section 55 thousand what not , I would give it straight without asking any questions, consumers rights must come first.

Paul Baker

15:50 PM, 27th October 2019
About a month ago

Hi - I have just done this with a good tenant of 19 years good standing with me. She was hoping to eventually be put into council sheltered housing as she is 60 years old and single.
I was reluctant to do it but it was the only way for her to get any assistance from the council.
I did serve the S21 but you will need to be on the brink of actually evicting the tenant before the council will help. I therefore had to wait for the 2 months S.21 notice to elapse then take her to court (accelerated possession order, no need for either to physically attend) at a cost to me of £355. The court then ordered her to leave, she was advised by council to still not go so I had to refer the matter back to the court who then give another deadline of approx 2 weeks after which you can then instruct bailiffs. The Council did then take the matter seriously and helped her before I need to escalate and pay for bailiffs. Total cost to me was £355 and she has now been given council accommodation that she is happy with. I did it for her, and given the same circumstances again, I would do it again as it was a relatively small price for me to pay to help my tenant of 19 years on her journey.

Mike

0:30 AM, 28th October 2019
About a month ago

Reply to the comment left by Paul Baker at 27/10/2019 - 15:50
well done, it was your duty to please and help your faithful long standing tenants, after all she was your customer and protected by the consumer law, so if she wanted your help by you servicing her a Notice, you are duty bound to not let her down, it is plain and simple customer service request. Looking after your customers or their needs is very important.

geester24

8:36 AM, 28th October 2019
About a month ago

Reply to the comment left by Jay James at 22/10/2019 - 18:46
Reading not your strong point then ?

LaLo

12:53 PM, 29th October 2019
About a month ago

The gov'/councils are short of cash. They sell off council houses so tenants have to turn to the PRS and now they plan to scrap section 21, how convenient! Well, we can always sell to the tenants at a discount price by 'force' if labour bring in 'Tenant right to buy' as they intend to do if/when they gain power! Looking on the bright side, could always go on some nice big fat juicy benefits and holiday in the Bahamas, lovely! I've email the government and told them exactly that, no reply tho'!

Jay James

19:17 PM, 19th November 2019
About 3 weeks ago

Reply to the comment left by geester24 at 28/10/2019 - 08:36
I am sorry geester. I wish you well.

Benefits of a family partnership we had not previously considered