10:28 AM, 27th June 2018, About 3 years ago 8
I am taking the plunge into BTL and planning to build a property portfolio over 8 years. I would like to get general opinions and people with more experience about my business plan going forward.
1. 2 people partnership A and B (husband & wife)
2. A has no salary, but will be running the property business full time
3. B salary PAYE £100,000 gross
4. Purchasing 15 single lets BTL over 8 years building up portfolio, leverage at 75% with equity release
Current suggested plan:-
1. Purchasing BTLs with Declaration of Trust / Tenancy in common A partner 100% and B partner 0% till partner A reaches rental income of £50,000 by 2020/21 (to stay under higher tax bracket), follow by purchase under limited company thereafter
2. Also all the property managed by a limited company (owned by A & B) charging 35% rental income for full management, helping to organise mortgages and remortgages/equity release, sourcing property deals
Are my plans work-able? All advice and feedback welcomed.
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.
Advice and implementation provided by a practising Barrister-At-Law with £10,000,000 of Professional Indemnity InsuranceBook Now
Previous ArticleExPat BTL Mortgages for UK Properties
Next ArticleTenant seems to have done a runner - what can I do?
|“Account”||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;|
|“Cookie”||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 13, below;|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;|
|“personal data”||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and|
|“We/Us/Our”||Means Property118 Ltd , a limited company registered in England under company number 10295964, whose registered address is 1st Floor, Woburn House, 84 St Benedicts Street, Norwich, NR2 4AB.|
|Name of Cookie||Purpose||Strictly Necessary|
|JSESSIONID||Used only to collect performance data, with any identifiable data obfuscated||No|
|__cfduid||This cookie is strictly necessary for Cloudflare's security features and cannot be turned off.||Yes|
|Name of Cookie||First / Third Party||Provider||Purpose|
|__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmt, __utmz||First||Helps to understand how their visitors engage with our website|
|_fbp||First||Helps to understand how their visitors engage with our website|