Possession date – tenant still in – what next ?

15:40 PM, 29th October 2014

Possession date – tenant still in – what next ?

Possession date – tenant still in – what next ?

This is the first time I have formally evicted a tenant with the aid of a solicitor – He obtained an order for possession in 2 days time.

The tenant (LHA) will not communicate with me. I could phone her mother (guarantor) but she gets very abusive and I doubt she would want to answer any questions truthfully. I live 5 hours drive away and have been successfully self managing until this point. Neighbours tell me there are still lights on in the house from time to time – but the neighbours work and probably wont see a day-time moving out….

How am I to find out if she has actually moved – or should I just inform the solicitor to get the bailiffs in ?

This is also the first time I will have had to keep a deposit (registered with Mydeposits). Any advice as to how to do that ?

All Bankers …..what next

Comments

All BankersAreBarstewards Smith

13:57 PM, 1st November 2014

Reply to the comment left by "allan wadsworth" at "01/11/2014 - 13:29":

Hi Alan - Sorry to hear you had problems. I have all the deposit monies in my account as per Mydeps T&Cs. - Mydeps charge £30 to register a deposit, but then the landlord keeps the money. I have always found that negotiating with departing tenants from the stance of "i have cash in my hand, kindly agree to a deduction - or take me to court which could take you 3-4 months" then all tenants will agree a deduction and take the money - especially when they know they are in the wrong. My AST is extremely clear on page one what the deposit may be used for. I anticipate no difficulties with that one.

All BankersAreBarstewards Smith

7:16 AM, 3rd November 2014

As neighbours reported to me that there are lights on in the property and no removal went on at the weekend, I have issued instructions for my solicitor to get the bailiffs to evict her. I will let you all know what happens Many thanks for the suggestions.

All BankersAreBarstewards Smith

8:54 AM, 6th November 2014

The Bailiff phoned me this morning - they are planning an exploratory visit next Monday and if forcible eviction is still required then they will attend a week on Monday.... there's speed and efficiency for you !!!!

David Asker

8:56 AM, 6th November 2014

You can't knock that.

Eviction Group

11:01 AM, 6th November 2014

Agree with David , good service indeed. Quick Q. Did you use County Court Bailiffs or High Court?

Mark Alexander

11:10 AM, 6th November 2014

Quick question from me too - where was the property?

And a question for David Carter too please - in which areas do you consider the worst delays are occurring?

David Asker

11:27 AM, 6th November 2014

We've found it to be the Southeast generally especially London and then around the major cities like Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool etc.

All BankersAreBarstewards Smith

11:36 AM, 6th November 2014

County court bailiffs from Oldham County Court in Lancashire.

Eviction Group

12:01 PM, 6th November 2014

Our recent instructions in London saw clients quoted an average lead time of 8 weeks by CCB across courts in the East and South East of the Capital.

As they say in this neck of the woods ,
"You got a right touch!!!"

All BankersAreBarstewards Smith

12:13 PM, 6th November 2014

I have never had to get Bailiffs in before in my 15 years of being a L/L... its a sad day for me. I cannot decide whether to go or not... I asked the bailiff what his experience was, did a landlord's presence inflame things. "Everyone's different - its your choice" he said. He sounds like a matter of fact, no nonsense man. Maybe I'd best leave him to it.

1 2 3 4 9

Benefits of a family partnership we had not previously considered