N325 possession form – covering letter?

N325 possession form – covering letter?

12:56 PM, 31st March 2015, About 7 years ago 3

Text Size


Got the order of possession today (just claiming back the property and not outstanding monies). Filling out the N325 Form and by all accounts from the web, it suggests a covering letter to go with it?

Any ideas fellow members?


clipped N235


Neil Patterson View Profile

12:59 PM, 31st March 2015, About 7 years ago

Hi Sanjay,

To help I took a picture of the form above and copied the RLA instructions below 🙂

I didn't spot anything about a covering letter though.

The N325

Complete name of court and claim number at top right hand side

Paragraph 1 (Claimants Name and Address) is the landlord or his/her solicitor name and address.

Paragraph 2(a)Enter ‘’As Above’’ unless the address is different.

Paragraph 3(Defendants Name and Address) is all the tenants names and the full property address details.

Paragraph 4(Warrant Details) Cross this section out completely as the Bailiff is not there to collect money.

Paragraph 5(Property/Land Details) Date of judgement/order, this is the date of the hearing. Date of possession, this is the date possession should have been given up

‘’Describe the Land’’ box is simply the address and post code of the property.

In the signature box on the right hand side delete the wording within both sets of brackets in part (1) and delete the whole of part (2). Add signature and date

At the bottom of the form put the contact details of the landlord.

Once completed post N325 form to court with the appropriate fees. It is advised that the landlord retains a copy of the completed and signed N325 form, for their own records. The court will then contact the defendant.

Sanjay Patel

13:54 PM, 31st March 2015, About 7 years ago

Reply to the comment left by "Neil Patterson" at "31/03/2015 - 12:59":

Super, many thanks for your efforts and advice Neil!


David Asker

15:10 PM, 31st March 2015, About 7 years ago

I would check with your local Court on how long their bailiffs are taking to evict tenants also. We have seen some quoting 6 months.

If they are saying anything up to 6 weeks I would use them.

If it's longer you may wish to apply for leave at the same time using Section 42 of the County Court Act 1984 to use an HCEO.

Have a look here: http://www.property118.com/evicting-tenants-sister-website-property118/69959/

Leave Comments

In order to post comments you will need to Sign In or Sign Up for a FREE Membership


Don't have an account? Sign Up

Landlord Tax Planning Book Now