Grant Funding To Improve Energy Efficiency Of Rental Properties

Grant Funding To Improve Energy Efficiency Of Rental Properties

12:40 PM, 19th January 2018, About 6 years ago 6

Text Size

A contact of mine, who has been in the process of securing grant funding for property improvement works, has just secured a large funding “pot” to provide a number of possible works which will not cost you or your tenant a penny!

This is all part of the governments ECO scheme, which is designed to help those in fuel poverty through energy saving measures, but also with the need to get those EPC ratings up in the coming months, the work can be tailored to fit what the property needs.

As you are  no doubt aware, all landlords have a pressing need to get the low EPC rated properties upgraded, and whilst there is grant funding available I suggest you take full advantage!

They can complete one or more of the following, depending on the property type, and all subject to survey.

  • New Boilers / Heating Systems (A Rated)
  • Insulation measures – Cavity, Loft, Internal wall and External wall
  • Electric Storage Heaters
  • Room in Roof Insulation – where there is an attic room or room in the attic space

The grant funding is “means tested” against the occupier, not the owner. It is designed to help those people on benefits, so if any of your tenants are claiming benefits then you can improve your properties, and help them save on their energy bills.

They are targeting non-gas properties, so anything heated by electric, like many flats and town centre properties are, or oil/LPG as in many rural towns and villages.

The average grant is anything from £3,000 to £12,000 depending on what can be done. They also allow a re-decorating budget where required.

The process is very simple, and they manage all of the funding, survey, installation etc

They can manage anything from single properties to large portfolios of properties. They can also check which of your tenants are on the right benefits for you so they can work out what qualifies without having to trouble your tenants too much.

Fill in the below information and one of the team will contact you to start the ball rolling.

Grant Funding Enquiry Form

Share This Article


Robert M

10:41 AM, 20th January 2018, About 6 years ago

Are there grants available for properties that are heated by gas, or is it only those heated by electricity/oil/lpg?

Paul Baker

13:21 PM, 20th January 2018, About 6 years ago

Although the article refers to 'targeting non-gas homes' I would also like to know if there's any help available to my tenant who is on benefits & rents my property which has a Bermuda Back Boiler which has an efficiency rating if E

Rob Spencer

14:35 PM, 20th January 2018, About 6 years ago

Looked into this and sadly I have been told ECO funding is not available to flats within my area. Hope others have better luck than I have.


14:47 PM, 20th January 2018, About 6 years ago

Whilst good news- for some- I hope this funding is not being made available to landlords where the flat or home was created without original building or planning consents. i.e. they were/are unlawful but by staying "under the radar" for 4plus years they can become lawful. The landlord should have to pay to bring them up to Building Act standards that were current at the time he created the unit This is particularly relevant for conversions of shed and back garden outhouses where there is a lot of external uninsulated walls etc


16:01 PM, 22nd January 2018, About 6 years ago

The company I work for, ECO Matters, specialises in obtaining funding for blocks of flats. The flats need to be electrically heated but we can usually get you completely free loft insulation and cavity wall insulation and large grants towards flat roof insulation. Due to the way the funding works we can't help with houses or anything heated by gas.

Stan Barlow TEE LTD

8:49 AM, 23rd January 2018, About 6 years ago

We have arranged and been involved with this scheme for some time. There are various accredited organisations involved and we work with several of them. Depending on their requirements if anyone in the Cornwall or South Devon area requires any advice please contact me:

Leave Comments

In order to post comments you will need to Sign In or Sign Up for a FREE Membership


Don't have an account? Sign Up

Landlord Tax Planning Book Now