8:38 AM, 27th October 2016, About 7 years ago 5
I recently sold my property a share in a freehold. When I moved to the property I undertook a lot of maintenance and repair. Prior to this it would appear people left things to the last moment rather than fixings things in a timely manner.
Now almost near completion of sale the other freeholders raised a need to do work on which I have been fully accepting of. The issue is that it is taking for ever, and they also keep raising other work required which until now has never been raised.
I have told them I am happy to get any work done, and that if work needs doing it should be done in a timely manner, instead they are dictating to me that I should put money in a bond for the pending work as at such time they are ready to do the work. Even if my sale collapses and I remain at the property how long am I expected to wait till they agree on the work, before I can remarket the property.
My other concern that much of these issues whilst genuine have only just been raised as a delay tactic. As just when I was being told of even more work required before they will sign the TR1 document, an associated person to one of the other freeholders has made an offer on the property at a reduced price, but saying they will waver the cost on the future work.
I feel even if I work with the other freeholders to get all the work they have raised done, they will still delay signing the TR1 long enough that my current buyer will pull out. Then the interested party will make me an even lower offer. It is also very hard to prove the motivations, as they can say purely coincidence.
It is now at the point I am unable to live in the property due to the stress. My solicitor is only a box ticking conveyancing solicitor so unable to provide any support.
Previous ArticleJoint Freeholders blocking sale to SPV?