Landlords Alliance – Emergency Euro Elections Statement21:09 PM, 21st May 2019
About 6 days ago 77
I will soon have to complete a Tax Return I believe as I now rent out a Property.
I bought the house 12 years ago and lived in it until October last year. I had been Mortgage free for 2 years. I actually had no intention of moving at all, but a house became available that was too good to miss so I re-mortgaged my existing home with NatWest to raise 75% deposit on the new home and topped up the other 25% with a second small Mortgage.
I intended paying off the Second Mortgage over 5 years, but I have now decided I wish to try and do this by Christmas 2015 so I will again be mortgage free on my own home.
The NatWest Mortgage on the rental started in September 2013. I moved out in October 2013, but did not put a tenant in until March 21st 2014.
So my question is – when do I count the prope rty being a rental property from?
Is it when the Tenants first move in or when I moved out of it?
Can I claim the gas, electric etc. as expenses whilst the property was empty prior to be first let?
Thanks in advance.
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.
Our mission is to facilitate the sharing of best practice amongst UK landlords, tenants and letting agentsLearn More