9:06 AM, 26th August 2021, About 10 months ago 9
I wondered if Property118 readers would be able to add some support to the campaign to protect leaseholders in the current cladding scandal.
You could use the below link to send a template email to your MP – the site does the clever bit of finding your MP, but the template needs a little customisation and/or circulate the link with or without the attached points to anyone that might add their support (especially anyone who has a Conservative MP, all other MP’s seem to ‘get it’) it would be greatly appreciated.
– Leaseholders didn’t contribute to the problem – they cannot afford the bills being sent
– The Waking Watch fund doesn’t actually cover Waking Watch costs
– The Building Safety Fund only applies to some buildings and doesn’t even cover all the safety issues.
– Insurance costs have rocketed – typically 3 to 10 fold (300% to 1000%) increases
– There is a clear conflict of interest with Managing Agents happy to agree costs, knowing that they will be passed on (in full and/or with additional ‘commission’) to the innocent parties.
– Additional Legal obligations to search for other ‘scapegoats’ will merely delay the works
The government should aim to expedite the works, if necessary by covering the up-front costs – and reclaiming them, over time, from the guilty parties (ie Polluter Pays).
Thanks & Regards
Previous ArticleNew-build market grinds to a halt as EWS1 argument continues to rage
Next ArticleNew Article 4's are coming - What you need to know