Allowable expenses? – my first buy to letMake Text Bigger
I will be joining the team and collecting the keys to my first property at the end of this week, and getting it ready to let …. yay! 🙂
I have got most things in place, insurance/home emergency/legal and rent cover etc.
I am having trouble finding information out about allowable expenses though, when I get the keys I was planning on doing the following:
- Changing all external locks and having 3 sets of keys made up
- Changing the shower as it’s old
- Installing a glass shower screen
- Fitting all new light fixings, as only bulbs are left
- Fitting blinds to most of the windows
- Painting and cleaning etc
Am I right in believing these are all allowable expenses and I can claim the money back?
Who decides when things are to be replaced in the property?
I was thinking as I only have one property, is it easy enough to do my own self assessment tax return and claim all my expenses or do you think it’s to hard and an accountant could save me a lot more money?
I’m new to all of this, so any help would be gladly received.
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.