15:15 PM, 16th March 2020, About 2 years ago 15
Acorn, a Left Wing community based union of working class people, is petitioning the government to:
– Enact temporary rent freezes for renters suffering with the virus or self isolating for the period of their self isolation and recovery
– Announce an emergency freeze on all current section 21 or section 8 evictions
– Announce an emergency freeze on all applications for section 21 or 8 evictions
– Announce an emergency freeze on evictions of housing association and council tenants
– In line with the above, decree that any period of time spent in self isolation or ill with Coronavirus will be disregarded in section 8 hearings and not counted in the ‘over 2 months of arrears’ threshold. ACORN commits to fight landlords that attempt to evict tenants for non-payment of rent as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Acorn activist have in the past aggressively picketed letting agent offices and claim: “Major UK banks are already announcing mortgage and payment holidays for mortgage holders, so BTL landlords are already seeing protections developed against losing their assets during the outbreak should their tenants not be able to pay the rent.
“There are 2.5 million private landlords in this country, and the security and safety of renters cannot be left to each individual landlord’s good will. The UK government must act to ensure that renters who are forced to self isolate will not risk eviction from their homes, or incur rent arrears that for many people will take weeks if not months to pay off.”
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.
Advice and implementation provided by a practising Barrister-At-Law with £10,000,000 of Professional Indemnity InsuranceBook Now
Previous Article48% of landlords considering divesting - Aldermore
Next ArticleTo install gas central heating or not?
|“Account”||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;|
|“Cookie”||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 13, below;|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;|
|“personal data”||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and|
|“We/Us/Our”||Means Property118 Ltd , a limited company registered in England under company number 10295964, whose registered address is 1st Floor, Woburn House, 84 St Benedicts Street, Norwich, NR2 4AB.|
|Name of Cookie||Purpose||Strictly Necessary|
|JSESSIONID||Used only to collect performance data, with any identifiable data obfuscated||No|
|__cfduid||This cookie is strictly necessary for Cloudflare's security features and cannot be turned off.||Yes|
|Name of Cookie||First / Third Party||Provider||Purpose|
|__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmt, __utmz||First||Helps to understand how their visitors engage with our website|
|_fbp||First||Helps to understand how their visitors engage with our website|