NLA, RLA or ELA???

16:16 PM, 26th August 2014

NLA, RLA or ELA???

NLA, RLA or ELA???

I’m a new landlord (I’m 33), based in Norwich, currently awaiting for my first tenants to move into my property.  NLA, RLA or ELA

I have heard good things about the NLA, RLA and ELA and was wondering if anyone has any opinions on which if any are worth joining?

I would like to do one of the landlord courses to become accredited and work towards being better at the whole process, as this is a very long term investment; of which I plan to expand as time goes on.

Any opinions, experiences and knowledge – good or bad that you could share would be appreciated.

Adrian

Comments

Rob Crawford

20:44 PM, 1st September 2014

The NLA has actually been quite proactive at National level especially with their new Chair Carolyn Uphill. Maybe they don't blow their trumpets as loud as other organisations. With regard to fronting third party products etc, if it generates an income to fund these lobbying activities and keeps membership fees down then I am all for it. RLA has similar commercial interests. On a regional level I can only speak for Bristol, Bath & Northeast Somerset where the NLA has a strong presence at many Local Authority meetings. The other organisations mentioned have no presence within these not insignificant regions at all.

Adrian Bond

21:50 PM, 1st September 2014

Reply to the comment left by "Emma Hunter" at "01/09/2014 - 20:04":

Hi emma,

Thank you for your response. I would love to come to any local meetings in the norwich area and i would partucularly be intrested in knowing more about any planned accreditation run by the council; all i could find was details listed from 2006!

I have spotted the NLA foundation course running soon in cambridge which seems to be closest, as i missed the last one in norfolk in april. Any details for this would be handy, or when the next one will be run as the calender looks pretty sparse at present!

Thank you everyone for all your replies so far. Its a really intresting discussion

Adrian

Martin S

23:07 PM, 1st September 2014

Reply to the comment left by "Adrian Bond" at "01/09/2014 - 21:50":

Interesting discussion maybe, but not addressing the initial question!

14:26 PM, 4th September 2014

Hi Adrian, the next NLA meeting is being held on 13th October, details can be found under the events tab on our website. I would be delighted to talk with you in more detail so please feel free to contact me direct via emma.hunter@landlords.org.uk

Tory Landslide - Landlord Reactions