LBC – Landlord’s Heartbreaking Take On The Hell Of Universal Credit

by Nick Thompson

16:00 PM, 23rd October 2017

LBC – Landlord’s Heartbreaking Take On The Hell Of Universal Credit

LBC – Landlord’s Heartbreaking Take On The Hell Of Universal Credit

James O’Brian of LBC interviews an emotional Landlord on the heartbreaking hell Of Universal Credit.

LBC said: “Dan rents out a series of properties around the country, many of whom are on Universal Credit, putting him in a perfect position to see how the new system affects the lives of people who are struggling.

And he got extremely emotional as he told James O’Brien about how some of his tenants have been left without any help by a benefits system that is supposed to help them.”

Please see the video of the interview below:

Comments

Old Mrs Landlord

7:56 AM, 29th October 2017

Reply to the comment left by Bill Williams at 28/10/2017 - 08:27Thanks for making those points about pensioners Bill. I am one of the rich pampered pensioners leeching off the taxes of workers. The truth is that after I'd made additional contributions of several £100s my pension went finally breached the £100 per week mark this year. I don't get the full pension because I worked only part time while my children were at home. I only receive my own pension because I paid the full NI stamp, not the married woman's reduced rate. (My husband has an employer's pension so I'm ineligible for pension credit.) There is no public transport where I live, so no bus pass and £100 p.a. contribution to heating bills doesn't go far when you're off the gas grid. Yet youngsters who think nothing of spending £100 on a night out resent my "benefits".

Rod

13:38 PM, 30th October 2017

Reply to the comment left by Jonathan Clarke at 29/10/2017 - 05:25Everything you say is very true Jonathan. I don't think I'll ever quite understand economics, we're the 5 largest economy yet we once ruled most of the world not long ago and the man in the street was 'very very' poor! Forgive the /s something wrong with the computer!

Absent freeholder since purchase in 2011 suddenly appears?