Help with Consent to Let after whirlwind romance

11:11 AM, 19th January 2017

Help with Consent to Let after whirlwind romance

Help with Consent to Let after whirlwind romance

USAThanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to offer advice on this!.

I have a rather unusual situation. At the beginning of October I completed on my first property and now have a residential mortgage with the Woolwich.

Fast Forward just over 3 months later and Ive fallen in love and married someone in America.
I am now ‘trapped’ here waiting at least 7 months for the paperwork to come through for my Green Card.

This was never planned, but now I’m going to live in the States and have rented out my flat.
At the time I knew nothing about this. I just rented it to be able to cover my mortgage payments. Which the rent almost does.

Now however, I understand that if I rent it I will technically be in breach of contract with the Woolwich.

So my question to you guys is, whats the best way to handle this? Should I apply for consent to let?
Ive only had the residential mortgage for 3 months so I definitely don’t fulfill that criteria. But without the rent from the property there’s no way I’ll be able to cover the monthly payments.

Or should I remain schtum. This is not a money making exercise, this is pure survival.
How would the mortgage company find out that I was not living there? And how likely is it that they will check?

In short, what’s the best way to deal with this rather unexpected situation?

Thanks everyone

D

Comments

Jim Duggan

19:48 PM, 22nd January 2017

Reply to the comment left by "Michael Barnes" at "22/01/2017 - 19:28":

So this is my current situ Michael:

I 'rented' my place out as in I found tenants that have agreed to move in and they signed the contract but I have not yet. Therefore technically it is not rented.

They were due to move in at the beginning of February though. This is what I meant.

Thanks

Jim Duggan

17:51 PM, 26th January 2017

Thanks for your help everyone. Based on others suggestions pls can you delete this topic?

Cheers,