Electronic signatures?

9:34 AM, 10th February 2016

Electronic signatures?

Electronic signatures?

Does anyone use electronic signatures for tenancy agreements or prescribed information?

Thanks in advancesignature

Bob

Comments

bob young

7:55 AM, 12th February 2016

Reply to the comment left by "Gary Dully" at "11/02/2016 - 15:37":

I am completely last century when it comes to being a landlord but I will try Signable when I find tenants for the new flat that I complete on today

I don't use a smart phone or iPad and my attempts at updating recently weren't successful. About 3 weeks ago I set up the Asus Fonepad I had bought a couple of years ago but I didn't realise that if its battery was allowed to run right down it would not charge. It now lies dismanted awaiting further attempts to jump start it with a cannibalised usb cable and other bits and pieces. If I don't suceed I will buy a replacement and actually use it this time but I have a lot to learn as I have never heard of Apple pay and I have never knowingly used an app!

I realise that letting agents have been using electronic methods for some time but I suppose I was wondering what people like myself with just one or two properties do.

I plainly need to make a great leap forward without delay for the sake of my health!

Chris Byways

8:28 AM, 12th February 2016

Reply to the comment left by "Sponge Bob" at "12/02/2016 - 07:55":

So if you bought a new iPad and signable software etc etc,
HOW MUCH, in percentage terms, can one claim against tax?

It's a real cost, used to photo condition of properties, emails regarding tenancy agreements etc, but not used 'wholly and exclusively'? If you have 'more than one, but less than 15 properties, say.

Do you claim a percentage of total rent for overheads, or what?

Nick Elston

13:07 PM, 12th February 2016

Reply to the comment left by "Chris Byways" at "12/02/2016 - 08:28":

Hi Chris, I can only help you cost one of those things - Signable! Our plans are here http://www.signable.co.uk/plans. Cheers, and have a great weekend! Nick

bob young

13:26 PM, 15th February 2016

So far as electronic signing of documents is concerned I would claim the equivalent of a suitable Signable type package unless you use electronic signing for non-letting documents. I've never worked out a way to apportion phone calls, internet etc and so I don't claim anything, even though I sometimes buy additional SIM cards to use specifically for re-letting purposes.

Danko Puskaric

10:23 AM, 18th February 2016

In HouseShareAgency we use electronic signatures on daily basis and tenants love them, very easy and simple and everyone get confirmation on their email. We use RightSignature and it is very cheap.

Can I purchase a freehold title AFTER freehold enfranchisement has taken place?